PDA

View Full Version : Mo0nlight Fishing 8-14 ---12.1 My personal best Striper !

Hitts0n
08-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Arrived at the lake at about 7:30pm to be about 18th in line.Was talking with Shock via text messaging.Talked crap with the Friends of Castaic and the life guard until it was time to rock and roll.8:07pm and the lines start rollin.Grabbed all my gear and cooler and off to my spot! Last time I was there it was these 2 asain guys who out fished me and Frenchy like 4-1...lol...Well the later it gets in the summer season for night fishing,the slower it gets. I thought Fishbones was gonna tag along with me but I dunno what happen.So I was solo bolo.That was the plan anyways.Got to the area and set up shop.Grabbed a lighter and put 1 in the air.I sat there from 8:30pm to 11pm with only few nibbles.One bag of chovies,and the other bag with sardines.I kept looking at the chovies and realized they are just to small for my hooks...lol So....I sat the chovies down and grabbed the Dines.The sardines were still to hard so I added some" Bite On Garlic Trout attractant" to the sardines to make them even oilier.Reeled in both my lines to rebait.Im just looking up and down the shore line and no one was catching anything.
Im just thinking to myself man I hope I didnt come out here for nothing. Bite on Garlic,soaking with sardines,and blind casting back out.Added the bobbers back on the lines and fired up anther one! Smoking,drinking,no cussing......
I got bored and started texting TroutDog.He was laughing at me about all imma catch
is dinks.And we cracked jokes via text messaging.My eyes got so focused on the phone light til I had to close my eyes for a minute so I can refocus back to the darkness.
I looked up...and my dayum pole wasdancing! The glowstick bobber shot up,pole down,drag burning !! ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZzZZZZzZZZZZzzzzzzzZZzzzzz!!!!
I hopped up so quick you would have thought an ant bite my on my nipples !!

This dayum fish was peeling drag!! A croud started to form.Now im real nervous cuss people are depending on me to land this fish! They wanted to know how big it is etc.
I looked again,and my dayum reel was spooled?! Now by this time,the fish is tired out.My pole is just thumping in my hand as im trying to get the line back to respinning around my reel.This asain guy asked if he could help me.I said sure.It took us about 3 minutes to get the fishing line back to spinning around! Finally !!!! BBBeeeoootttccchh!!
fish still on! I was using a 1/0 CIRCLE hook.This fish isnt going anywhere!
Fight and fight! 10 minutes later....I bring this bad boy in with all kinds of lights watching,and camera's are rolling !! 12.1 !!! On the Rapala scale !!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/mixedpics102-1.jpg

OWNAGE!!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/mixedpics103-1.jpg

All I thought about was that thread where this guy only was using a 6lb test line and he lost his big one.... and I couldnt let it happen to me....

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?49048-Castaic-Lake-8-12-10-Lost-a-Big-One-(

Ive watched Gary fish,shock,T/O,Trolly etc...I knew better than to lose this fish..

I was the only on in my area to catch a afish that night.Once I landed that fish,people started packing up and leaving.I kinda felt bad,but happy that fish didnt snap my line.
I was using a 7 baring reel with a 10lb p-line test.Sardines with Bite On garlic sent,to get me my personal best striper !!!! Now I know how it fee to hold up my 0wn double digittttt fish! Like RAY L0pez said it...ADD ME TO THE DOUBLE DIGIT CLUB !!!!!!

I was so tired when I got home,I just threw this dayum fish in the freezer and this is what it looked like today.....LMAO!!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/mixedpics106-1.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/mixedpics105-1.jpg

BITE ON GARLIC DOES IT AGAIN !!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/mixedpics104-1.jpg

Thanks for reading !! HITTS WILL OWN AT A LAKE NEAR JO0 !! :Cool::Cool:

troutdog
08-16-2010, 01:47 AM
WAY TO GO HITTS, CONGRATS ON THE DD STRIPEY...I OUGHT TO TEASE YOU ABOUT CASTAIC DINKS MORE OFTEN!!!! :LOL: I think that's the biggest striper I have seen come out of that lake here on FNN this summer, you deserve it bro!!!!!

This looks like NoHo getting out of his truck at 5:55am in the morning during trout season at the Vine!
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/frozenstripey.jpg

:ROFL:

TD

Hitts0n
08-16-2010, 01:49 AM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TY VERY MUCH !!!! lmaoo

BIGRED KILLA
08-16-2010, 02:09 AM
NICE DD YOU LANDED HITTS YOU DESERVE IT,,,

Bigred

trail blazer
08-16-2010, 02:37 AM
Congrats to you HITT,S!!

Great read,,,,,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

marzocchi
08-16-2010, 02:42 AM
wow...nice striper!

Hitts0n
08-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Man that thing had 2 hooks stuck in it....I wonder who they belonged 2 !! Ty folks !!

BALLERONBUDGET
08-16-2010, 07:39 AM
fished diff parts of dam from 8-12. saw only 2 fish for about 50 guys out there. boils and splashes off in the distance but no bites.... thats 2months in a row for poor nite event results . moss everywhere again as usual .

Shock
08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Good going Hitts!!!

Man that thing make up for all the dinks you be catchin!!!

We did pretty good from the bouy line, just schoolies though, nothin like that drag peelin monster you got there!!!

Good job out there!!

Hometown
08-16-2010, 09:26 AM
nice fish HITTS I need to get dialed in on those stripers I cant figure them out.

Troutman65
08-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Nice going Hitts on the DD Lineside. Thanks for sharing

farmacist
08-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Good for you hitts!!!! congrats on the PB, now u just need more and even bigger ones... it doesn't ever stop. lol
Thanks for the great play by play as well

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Nicely done Armando, way ta go…long overdo !

NOW you must get some MORE !

Woooo-hooo !

Way –Ta –Slay !

Sweet feesh for sure !

Almost brings a tear to my eye !!!

BUT………………………….

Now come’th the trash:

WTF did you freeze that feesh for ?

Let me clue you in on how ta deal with them when you get home and can no longer function from lack of sleep !
(I am an expert on this matter !)

#1 method…Keep ‘em on ice….burried in ice, They’ll stay fine till the next evening like that if necessary.
(Ice keeps ‘em as cold as possible w/o freezing !)

#2 method…….Put e’m in the refrigerator….wrapped in a trash bag……

DON’T FREEZE ‘EM !

Once you freeze them, it takes a little bit of their freshness away and creates a laundry list of complications to fillet ‘em….

Come on buddy……..if your gonna party with the big dawgs….get off the porch with the puppies !

Ahhhhh ha ha ha ha…

Of course theres nothing better than putting the fish right on ice as soon as it’s caught then fillet when you get home but I know what the sleep deprevation can do…..

Again congrats Hitt’s…I just wish I could have been there to see you fighting that sucka….that musta been a helluv’a sight…

AND…
One helluv’a BATTLE !

Congrats !
Gary

fishinone
08-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Congrats on the DD Hitts. Nice going out there.

Great report. I enjoyed reading your blow by blow.

Hitts0n
08-16-2010, 12:27 PM
NICE DD YOU LANDED HITTS YOU DESERVE IT,,,

Bigred

Thanks again ! When are we gonna fish ! Lets the crap talking begin !! Irvine shall we ?

Congrats to you HITT,S!!

Great read,,,,,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

Thanks TB ! Maybe now I can upgrade to the Duct in your area!

wow...nice striper!

Thnaks,I think it was your fish from the other day !

fished diff parts of dam from 8-12. saw only 2 fish for about 50 guys out there. boils and splashes off in the distance but no bites.... thats 2months in a row for poor nite event results . moss everywhere again as usual .

Yeah it was pretty slow !

Good going Hitts!!!

Man that thing make up for all the dinks you be catchin!!!

We did pretty good from the bouy line, just schoolies though, nothin like that drag peelin monster you got there!!!

Good job out there!!

Better than the skunk! I tried to call u back there but maybe no frequency?

nice fish HITTS I need to get dialed in on those stripers I cant figure them out.

I have them about 80% dialed in.I just watch others and learn from there !!

Nice going Hitts on the DD Lineside. Thanks for sharing

Yeah bro ! When are you gonna come out here and show us how its done?!

Good for you hitts!!!! congrats on the PB, now u just need more and even bigger ones... it doesn't ever stop. lol
Thanks for the great play by play as well

Thanks ! Hope to wet a line with you soon,its been a while.When all of the Pirates get together,its good times for sure!

Nicely done Armando, way ta go…long overdo !

NOW you must get some MORE !

Woooo-hooo !

Way –Ta –Slay !

Sweet feesh for sure !

Almost brings a tear to my eye !!!

BUT………………………….

Now come’th the trash:

WTF did you freeze that feesh for ?

Let me clue you in on how ta deal with them when you get home and can no longer function from lack of sleep !
(I am an expert on this matter !)

#1 method…Keep ‘em on ice….burried in ice, They’ll stay fine till the next evening like that if necessary.
(Ice keeps ‘em as cold as possible w/o freezing !)

#2 method…….Put e’m in the refrigerator….wrapped in a trash bag……

DON’T FREEZE ‘EM !

Once you freeze them, it takes a little bit of their freshness away and creates a laundry list of complications to fillet ‘em….

Come on buddy……..if your gonna party with the big dawgs….get off the porch with the puppies !

Ahhhhh ha ha ha ha…

Of course theres nothing better than putting the fish right on ice as soon as it’s caught then fillet when you get home but I know what the sleep deprevation can do…..

Again congrats Hitt’s…I just wish I could have been there to see you fighting that sucka….that musta been a helluv’a sight…

AND…
One helluv’a BATTLE !

Congrats !
Gary

Gary man I was so tired then had to work the next day.I should have gutted it,bled it etc,just to lazy.I might give it away anyways...lol
In return,might get some ceviche! Yeah I wish others was there to witness this action.I thought only saltwater fish fought like this,
But isnt this breed from the saltwater? Either way,it was fun.I didnt think Castaic still have dd's this year....

Congrats on the DD Hitts. Nice going out there.

Great report. I enjoyed reading your blow by blow.

Thanks brotha! I got skunked the day before,this made up for it! Thanks Fish Gods !

Congrats! Awesome catch! Right on! :Thumbs Up:

Thanks BB !! I love reading your reports !! Thanks for reading mines !!

Fire Ball
08-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Congrats on the DD jailbird. :Envious:

FINSMACKDOWN
08-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Nice fish HITTS!!!

TroutOnly
08-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Look at dat dink, get back out there and catch me something big before i pimp slap you,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hitts0n
08-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Congrats on the DD jailbird. :Envious:

Thanks you !!

Nice fish HITTS!!!

It was fun catching him ! Thanks !!

Look at dat dink, get back out there and catch me something big before i pimp slap you,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am y0 Daddy !! No go and put my bait on trick !!

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-17-2010, 09:17 AM

Is THAT forehand OR backhand ?

TroutOnly
08-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Cause hes a smart *** gary he gets both sides of my big paw,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

Hitts0n
08-18-2010, 01:45 PM
T/O pimps slaps with his strong hand...LMAO!!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/blairwinston04/1-28.jpg

russ88
08-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Straight OWNAGE!!! Congrats on the personal best. Where's the dinner pics Armando??? I enjoyed reading your report. Keep owning!!!!

NoHo ART
08-18-2010, 08:45 PM
nicely done brother! now stop playing with the stripers and get yourself in the cat masters nowwww!

Hitts0n
08-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Straight OWNAGE!!! Congrats on the personal best. Where's the dinner pics Armando??? I enjoyed reading your report. Keep owning!!!!
Where have u been Russ?? !! Yeah man I was due for that thing !!

nicely done brother! now stop playing with the stripers and get yourself in the cat masters nowwww!
Yeah im coming right beind you guys! I will qualify next round !

TroutOnly
08-20-2010, 07:24 AM
No you wont you touched the stripey stink ,no kitties for you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you will reconize that big paw when knocks youre beer out of you hands and puts a bump on youre head,,,lol,,,,,,,,

kewlwhip
08-27-2010, 06:27 PM
yeaaah BOYee Congrats dude, well done--

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/mixedpics106-1.jpg
now i see what you meant on the dvl post lol hahaah...cya

Hitts0n
08-28-2010, 01:28 AM
No you wont you touched the stripey stink ,no kitties for you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you will reconize that big paw when knocks youre beer out of you hands and puts a bump on youre head,,,lol,,,,,,,,

T/O imma show you how to fish Irvine today !! Kewly thanks for the props,i'll see you in about 9 hours !! Hitts 0wnZ !!