PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Thisfool
08-15-2010, 09:43 PM
ok well i use to do a good amount of fishing out of Pierpoint landing on the So Cal ( not sure if that's the right name of the boat) when i was a 13-16 but that almost 10 years ago and i would really love to hit the salt again but im not sure if that boat is any good any more and if it is not worth the money what is another boat to try

i plan on just doing the bait fishing thing and i also might be able to handle working and iron for the cuda but my friend doesn't really know how to do that she hasn't ever been on a fishing boat so i would really like a good boat that will put us on some good bait fishing.

Ricky-Ray
08-16-2010, 01:04 PM
The So Cal is still at Pierpoint. It's mainly a 1/2 day boat now. I've never been on it personally but have heard good things about it.

murrieta angler
08-16-2010, 08:26 PM
In all honesty, it seems the fishing is REALLY SLOW right now.
If you are gonna do a half day boat with her, try the twilight out of Dana Point, if you go online and pay, it's only $25 each and coming from La Puente it's only another 25 minute longer drive.
Good Luck,
Robert

ghetto dad
08-17-2010, 07:31 AM
ok well i use to do a good amount of fishing out of Pierpoint landing on the So Cal ( not sure if that's the right name of the boat) when i was a 13-16 but that almost 10 years ago and i would really love to hit the salt again but im not sure if that boat is any good any more and if it is not worth the money what is another boat to try

i plan on just doing the bait fishing thing and i also might be able to handle working and iron for the cuda but my friend doesn't really know how to do that she hasn't ever been on a fishing boat so i would really like a good boat that will put us on some good bait fishing.

yeah..fishing is VERY slow right now...yes..the So Cal is still at Pierpoint, and they run a great operation man....

the best thing for you to do is check the fish counts and make ure decision from there..last i heard, the best "local" bite has been down in SD, the sand bass are biting well down there, at least last time I checked...

OR check the Pursuits out of 22nd st landing...they have been fishing the Island, and the bonito fishing has been very good along with some calicos....shes have a blast with bonito!!

good luck

Thisfool
08-17-2010, 10:08 AM
ok great thanks for the info guys

jerryG
08-17-2010, 11:28 PM
x2 on the counts and the Pursuit as well. Good info GD.. The Pursuit fishes the island everyday that is probably your best bet right now as mentioned the fishing has been slow (Dead) due to cold water. Although a 1/2 day trip might be better for a first timer. If she gets sea sick she won't have to deal with it all day.

JerryG

Thisfool
08-18-2010, 09:43 AM
a 1/2 day trip might be better for a first timer. If she gets sea sick she won't have to deal with it all day.

JerryG

o man i dint even think about sea sickness thanks for reminding me about that it would suck for both of us if she gets sick. cuz i would look like a complete a-hole when i just keep fishing with out her lol

ghetto dad
08-18-2010, 02:29 PM
o man i dint even think about sea sickness thanks for reminding me about that it would suck for both of us if she gets sick. cuz i would look like a complete a-hole when i just keep fishing with out her lol

lol..yeah man...still to this day i worry about my wife getting seasick..she hasnt yet..thank God...but i also worry about my daughter getting sick too when she goes out with me..stress stress stress!! lol...

they just take Dramamine and they are fine....just have her STAY out of the galley, or at least sitting in it too long....

Thisfool
08-18-2010, 03:15 PM
where can we get dramamine

murrieta angler
08-18-2010, 07:49 PM

That would be really cold of ya....:Cold Fishing:

murrieta angler
08-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Any drug store.

Thisfool
08-18-2010, 10:42 PM
That would be really cold of ya....:Cold Fishing:

yea it would but i would be all like "just cuz your sick im supose to stop fishing i mean come on were stuck out here from another 4 hours so if anything your the jerk cuz you want me to stop fishing just cuz your are sick. you are so selfish"