PDA

View Full Version : DVL 8-14-10 Ridiculous........................................ ..

Lunker1979
08-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Ok here's the latest scoop..............arrived at DVL at 5:05 am and 8 cars in front of us. Everyone had their own boat so we would be the first in line to pick up a rental. By 6:15 am, there must have been 60 cars behind us, crowded!! Hey DVL guys, it wouldn't kill you to open the gate maybe a few minutes early when there's 100 cars in line............nope, we waited until 6:15 on the dot. Anyway, on to fishing.

On the water by 6:30. Went to my lucky spot and it was ridiculous!!!! At least 100 fish jumping everywhere, never seen anything like it. Told my dad to throw the Scrounger because I figured that would be the easiest way for him to land a few. 5 minutes in to it, he lands a nice one., 3 pounder or so. I'm throwing my BIG swimbaits as usual and finally latch on to a nice 5 pounder. To make a long story shot, nailing them all day long. Stayed in my favorite spot until 11:30 we finally moved down to the west damn area and slayed a few more. My arms were getting tired from catching fish, never thought I would say that) so we decided to call it a day at 12:15. If you guys want to catch fish, check out my arsenal below and pick up a few. Landed my first 6 bass on my new KPN's, (Kahn everytime I remembered to take a picture with your lure, I had thrown the fish back already!!!!) LOL. TI did get one picture with your LURES. Top water KPN's were the ticket for me as I pretty much stuck with that lure the majority of the day. Going back on Friday to target the BIG STRIPER....I think I figured something out. Here's a few pictures below we were able to snap. The bite is ridiculous guys, seriously. I've never seen anything like it in the 12 years I've been fishing. I must have missed another 8 on blow-ups on the top water........
Fish count.......
15- LMB's biggest 5.5 pounds
5 - striper biggest 2.3 pounds

All Fish were ccaught and released, sorry striper haters!!!!!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kbacor/DVL%208-14-10/115_1189.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kbacor/DVL%208-14-10/115_1185.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kbacor/DVL%208-14-10/115_1187.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kbacor/DVL%208-14-10/115_1188.jpg

ddoskocil
08-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Pretty freakin' sweet! Work sucks - but gonna get out there next Saturday! Topwater is awesome.

c17lat
08-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a fun day! I fished today during the exact same hours. Action was hot very early...striper on second cast, then smallie, then 3 largies (biggest 3#'s) right off the bat...then no bites for 5 hours:Evil:

What is a KPN, and were you throwing reaction or swimbaits all day?

BTW, I just moved here and today I caught my first Cali fish! Never thought I'd catch 3 different types of bass in a row though!!!

webmaster
08-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a fun day! I fished today during the exact same hours. Action was hot very early...striper on second cast, then smallie, then 3 largies (biggest 3#'s) right off the bat...then no bites for 5 hours:Evil:

What is a KPN, and were you throwing reaction or swimbaits all day?

BTW, I just moved here and today I caught my first Cali fish! Never thought I'd catch 3 different types of bass in a row though!!!

KPN: http://fishingnetwork.net/index.php?pageid=kpn_topwater_lures

diamondbear
08-15-2010, 02:32 PM
THANKS FOR THE REPORT , I was there sat. also caught 1 striper @ 8lbs. on the troll and a small LMB . My buddie was there in his boat and by 11:00 he came over to show me his 2 @ 10lbs and 2 @ 8 LBS. Stripers on top water lures early , and 3 at about 3 lbs. each trolling . Iam watching whats going on at DVL and I learned alot about the stripers there . Its a fun fish to battle that taste good , ha // db

a321eric
08-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Hey lunker I have a couple of the 4in BBZ's and I was wondering if you had the same problem with fish following in your lure all day but not touching it. I have caught some fish with that lure but I usually give up on it after about an hour after catching one fish with it and seeing like 10 chase it in. Good to hear your landing them on it though.

Lunker1979
08-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey lunker I have a couple of the 4in BBZ's and I was wondering if you had the same problem with fish following in your lure all day but not touching it. I have caught some fish with that lure but I usually give up on it after about an hour after catching one fish with it and seeing like 10 chase it in. Good to hear your landing them on it though.

Well, I've only caught fish on the floater..........I've never caught one on the slow or fast sink. I've also noticed A LOT of fish following.......if this happens, I will always pause in my retreive and I've noticed they hit the lure as soon as it stops. So if you see some followers, make pauses every now and then in your slow steady retrieve, good luck!!! I'll be back on Friday to see if I can tie into some big Striper........I've got a few new things to try!!

kpn
08-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Kevin,
Congrats on the top water catch. I love top water action.
Remember don't use to thin of line....you'll be sorry when those DD comes up.

KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Niceley done.....!

SAWEEEEEEET Action !

You NOW KNOW THE POWER OF THE KPN !

wOOOOO hOOOOOOOOO !

DAMN SWEET....THATS ABOUT ALL i CAN SAY !

You will slay on them mutha's till the paint is slayed off...

Way ta go there buddy....

Last time out there I saw the big ol jailbirds rakin' the top and had a 20lbder come up for a 3lb LMB on the topwater...

Stay on them....

P.S.
save a few for me : )

Congrats !

Gary

TroutOnly
08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
You will want to kill those stripers after they get done with youre bass they eat everything into they reduced them to a few numbers,the holdovers are almost all gone all the panfish will be next and those bass are in the panfish family not the bass family like the stripers,,,,,,,,,,you should kill them all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lunker1979
08-16-2010, 07:23 PM
You will want to kill those stripers after they get done with youre bass they eat everything into they reduced them to a few numbers,the holdovers are almost all gone all the panfish will be next and those bass are in the panfish family not the bass family like the stripers,,,,,,,,,,you should kill them all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well I guess the striper bite will be off the hook then to huh??? I'll just fish for them...;-)

KID CREOLE
08-17-2010, 11:23 PM

X2, kill them all, we know whay good things they did for the great LMB fishery that Castaic once was! Givem away if you don't want them!!!!

lurk 182
08-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Well I guess the striper bite will be off the hook then to huh??? I'll just fish for them...;-)

yup, and you can let them all go then too. not sure if it will be off the hook once they finish eating the rest of the trout and LMB, but you won't have to worry about catching anything you don't wanna eat. just take them back to the ramp and give them away.

a321eric
08-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Well, I've only caught fish on the floater..........I've never caught one on the slow or fast sink. I've also noticed A LOT of fish following.......if this happens, I will always pause in my retreive and I've noticed they hit the lure as soon as it stops. So if you see some followers, make pauses every now and then in your slow steady retrieve, good luck!!! I'll be back on Friday to see if I can tie into some big Striper........I've got a few new things to try!!

ya i have the slow sink, i love it so much but again its frustrating. but ill try and stop my retrieve if i see any followers....thanks

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Kill Kill....Slay slay !