PDA

View Full Version : Heads up... Sheriff's will be doing Drunk and Drug checks @ Castaic lake

SDDave
08-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Saw this in the local paper, It will be interesting in the out come, hopefully they'll post it.

Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies will be performing boating-under-the-influence checks at Castaic Lake today and Pyramid Lake on Sunday. Deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Parks Bureau will be conducting the checks in an attempt to reduce drug- and alcohol-related boating accidents and fatalities and discourage the use of drugs and alcohol at the two lakes, authorities said.

MonsterGuppy
08-14-2010, 12:07 PM
In that case a few wakeboarders/skiers will not be happy today, was standing in a long line at Gallions and everyone in front of me had 2 12packs under each arm and their eyes were glazed over already.

TaperSteve
08-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Good lookin out!

TS

smokehound
08-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Remember the clear-eyes!

TaperSteve
08-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Really though I hope they just weed out the trouble makers, ......pun intended.

TS

Koontaj
08-14-2010, 01:10 PM
It is a good thing, but Damm! Its sad when they ruin it for people who can control themselves. I see nothing wrong with a little something something, but If you can't handle it....Dont F@# with it. I guess thats an addict for you. I'll stick to the weed I guess.....just a little:Razz:

seal
08-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I sure hope they don't visit the Wood, I'd hate to get busted in my floattube.

jerryG
08-14-2010, 11:11 PM
So if you get busted for boating under the influence does it go on your driving record? Is the boater arrested? What if there is no on onboard who is fit to drive the boat? Then what do they tow the boat to the impound dock?? Also impound the truck and trailor from the lot as well or??? I supose if it's a rental they could return the boat the rental office at Castiac (no rentals at Pyramid). Imagine having to call Bass Taxi to tell them you got a BUI and their boat got impounded. Be safe out there..

JerryG

zinnnpow
08-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Jerry,
Yes it does go on your record. It is the same as a DUI on land. As far as towing the boat/truck ect i would assume they would impound it to a lot. Everyone needs to remember a DUi is above a .08 they can still hit you with a wet reckless under that. DMV states it is illegal to operate a vehicle under the effect of anything, prescribed or not

fishfinder
08-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Jerry,
Yes it does go on your record. It is the same as a DUI on land. As far as towing the boat/truck ect i would assume they would impound it to a lot. Everyone needs to remember a DUi is above a .08 they can still hit you with a wet reckless under that. DMV states it is illegal to operate a vehicle under the effect of anything, prescribed or not

you are not even allowed alcohol at castaic lake for any-one.

tpfishnfool
08-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Its about time they crack down on all the lice at those two toilet's er' lakes..

Pimpin aint easy....

SDDave
08-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Yes no alcohol, also theres signs posted for no smoking, green or store bought, so all you smokers that haven't quit yet nows the time...

you are not even allowed alcohol at castaic lake for any-one.

jerryG
08-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Jerry,

I figured it would go on the DMV record. I don't drink at all myself but I have no problem with those who choose do so responsibly. If everyone out there just practiced common sense the water would be a much safer place. The drunk weekend warriors who should never have been allowed to operate a vessel or personal watercraft to begin with should be getting the memo this weekend.

JerryG

vagabond
08-15-2010, 05:07 PM
its a shame that one cannot even light up a joint while fishing,wtf...

Elkubano13
08-15-2010, 07:07 PM
bahahaha ^^

fishinone
08-16-2010, 12:07 PM
How a bout breathe checks to get in and out? That would cut down, possibly eliminate, the Lake Lice.

SuperDank
08-16-2010, 12:31 PM
its a shame that one cannot even light up a joint while fishing,wtf...

I second that! - Just hot box in the car before you get out.

This year sucked! Limited stocking, not one trout did i catch this year at lower or top.
Why should I pay again for a annual car pass? Mine expired this passed July.

smokehound
08-16-2010, 01:04 PM
bahahaha ^^What's so funny? Not cool, man.

Laughing at someone's misfortune like that..

Personally, I would still fire up a bowl. Did they have a K-9 unit there?

Lunker1979
08-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Saw this in the local paper, It will be interesting in the out come, hopefully they'll post it.

Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies will be performing boating-under-the-influence checks at Castaic Lake today and Pyramid Lake on Sunday. Deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Parks Bureau will be conducting the checks in an attempt to reduce drug- and alcohol-related boating accidents and fatalities and discourage the use of drugs and alcohol at the two lakes, authorities said.

You're not suppose to tell the dirt bags that the cops will be doing a check point, kinda almost defeats the purpose doesn't it?? Let they want to do illegal stuff, let them get caught. Let them dig their own grave.

Hometown
08-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Sounds like a money grab

SDDave
08-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't think so, this place needs attention, I talked to the lifeguard at the goon on Sunday eveing and he said that, they had a lady take a prop to the face, a broken leg from a boating and two guys on jetskis took each other out, don't know if under the influence had anything t do with it but these guys need to step it up on all factors at that lake, from the mess at the launch ramp to boaters going the wrong way and the worst is boats coming to close to boats at anchor or trolling on the trolling motors, cause it's mostly the people who show up and think there day of fun and screw the rule and anyone who gets in there way. The place is out of hand. I try and saty on the lower during the weekends.

Sounds like a money grab

SpawnX14
08-16-2010, 09:01 PM
You're not suppose to tell the dirt bags that the cops will be doing a check point, kinda almost defeats the purpose doesn't it?? Let they want to do illegal stuff, let them get caught. Let them dig their own grave.

Do you ever go over 65mph on the freeway? If you ever do, please report yourself to your local police department.

Lunker1979
08-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Do you ever go over 65mph on the freeway? If you ever do, please report yourself to your local police department.

Uh, I don't get it..........my driving isn't impaired, and I'm not putting other people's lives in jeopardy. Type something that makes sense. My windows are tinted too if you care.

DarkShadow
08-17-2010, 10:37 AM
How does one check for drugs the way they do for drinking?

Is there a weed breathylizer out there? A saliva test meth kit?

Or do they offer u some FunYuns and if u devour them, they assume ur stoned?

It sucks being a contact lens wearer because during a long day's out, my eyes will get irritated and get red. I'd hate to get accused of being under the influence, especially if they conduct a "stand on one foot and count from 47 to 23 using only prime numbers, while reciting the national anthem in sign language" since I'm already a bit disheveled from just having stepped off a boat.

Lunker1979
08-17-2010, 11:17 AM
How does one check for drugs the way they do for drinking?

Is there a weed breathylizer out there? A saliva test meth kit?

Or do they offer u some FunYuns and if u devour them, they assume ur stoned?

It sucks being a contact lens wearer because during a long day's out, my eyes will get irritated and get red. I'd hate to get accused of being under the influence, especially if they conduct a "stand on one foot and count from 47 to 23 using only prime numbers, while reciting the national anthem in sign language" since I'm already a bit disheveled from just having stepped off a boat.

A little more to it then that buddy.............but if all you do is wear contact lenses, I think you will be fine.

D Shi
08-19-2010, 03:29 PM
I guess I'm out.

Koontaj
08-19-2010, 03:36 PM
How about if you have a green card for insomia. Can they still give you a ticket for smoking legal weed?:Cool:

kaneo
08-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I guess I'm out.
just like any card holder, its legal to carry, but not legal to use while driving or use while driving a boat or any motor vehicle

smokehound
08-19-2010, 10:41 PM
just like any card holder, its legal to carry, but not legal to use while driving or use while driving a boat or any motor vehicleIndubitably.

Public intoxication remains illegal. If you're obviously stoned, you can still get a ticket. Even if you're terminally ill.

Fortunately, that's why clear eyes exists. =]

Koontaj
08-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Cool! I can take my christian friend and we can smoke medical weed.

I dont have to many sober friend and the ones that dont drink or smoke, dont like fishing...bummer

He is the only Christian I know that does not judge, like those other Christian devil...:Twisted:

See ya stoned on water....ha ha ha:Cool:

Sh1mano
08-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I dont have to many sober friend and the ones that dont drink or smoke, dont like fishing...bummer

What you talking about bro? I LOVE fishing!!

Koontaj
08-20-2010, 12:15 PM
What you talking about bro? I LOVE fishing!!

Oh! Sorry, fellow addict.