PDA

View Full Version : Bishop area fishing report

LuckyJack
07-23-2007, 12:03 PM
This is my first post although I have been reviewing this forum for several months. I just got back from fishing in the bishop area this past week. Normally I like to fish the backcountry lakes above South Lake, but a bad hip stopped me from the hike in. I arrived in the afternoon of the 17th and fished Bishop Creek for a hour or so. Caught and released about 10 planters of average size on glup eggs. I don't like to eat stocked fish. I then went to Intake II for a little jig and fly and bubble fishing. Not productive at all. Normally, we do quite well there but only caught and released 2 stockers. Windy conditions.

I decided to try Convict lake the next day as I had not been there in a few years. It was very crowded and I left in a hour or so catching only 2 stockers. I then when to North Lake and caught and released 20 plus stockers almost exclusively on Berkley glup eggs. I also caught a twin pair of Alper 4 pounders, one on the glup egg and one on an Olive Matuka. I decided to keep them since I had heard they were pink fleshed fish and were good eating. I had left my camera in the car so no pictures at the Lake. I did take a picture of them on the filet board at home. However the picture size exceeded the size limitations on this forum so I could not include it. I could not figure out how to reduce the size of the picture.

As I said I normally hike in to the back country to fish but since I could not this time, at least the fishing was good at North Lake and Bishop Creek.

We did eat one filet when I got back that evening and it was very good. I only like to eat pick fleshed trout from the backcounty lakes, but the Alper was pretty darn good.

Jack

Sue
07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Nice report, I'm going up tomorrow night (24th) to start fishing at daybreak Wednesday.
Stopping at Intake II before I get to the Lodge - yay, am way excited :D

Wingnut
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Welcome and thanks for the post. :wink:

troutdog
07-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the report and welcome to the FNN board. Gulp eggs are pretty swett, the fish sure like those things!

Just in case you were not aware....if you ever need some help with your photos, check out the "photos section" and you'll see a "how to" thread at the top, hope it helps. Loooking forward to your pics and next report!

TD