PDA

View Full Version : need some help

fisherman from long beach
08-13-2010, 02:10 PM
i need some help,i got my lil cousin in baitcasting,i found him an older conventional reel,and wanted to see if any fellow fnn'ers can help me find him a rod,i want to try and get him off the spinning out fit.so if any anglers are getting rid of some of your older or cheaper style casting rods let me know your price and see if i can afford him one.thanks.... I and my cousin appreciate it....fisherman from long beach

Swank909
08-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Shimano Sojourn 19.99$ at big 5, its a decent rod for the price. Lots of coupons you can use too, there's a 10% off for signing up for their email club, there's ones in their paper, and there are usually some 5$ off 25$ purchases kinda thing. I'll keep an eye out

08-14-2010, 02:22 PM
thanks bro.i forgot all about big 5.

Swank909
08-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Make sure you at least use the newsletter 10% off coupon!

DockRat
08-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Spinning reels are making a big comeback. Nuttin wrong with a spinner EXCEPT when I transfer back to SW conventional it take some practice. My $29 Dawai and 2 piece rod (keep in car model) has caught well over 100 fish in SW. All these dudes look weird at me when I show up with a trout pole. Then when it is bent and peeling drag they scratch there head ?
DR

08-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Spinning reels are making a big comeback. Nuttin wrong with a spinner EXCEPT when I transfer back to SW conventional it take some practice. My $29 Dawai and 2 piece rod (keep in car model) has caught well over 100 fish in SW. All these dudes look weird at me when I show up with a trout pole. Then when it is bent and peeling drag they scratch there head ?
DRhe's startin to get into the conventional setup..and startin to enjoy it.so im just trying to find him a cheaper rod to fit his lil reel

heydaad
08-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I have a couple of baitcasting rods sitting unused in the garage ... a 6' Roddy Hunter medium action, and a Pinnacle 6' medium lite. Free for a newbie. email me at heydaad@gmail.com

Swank909
08-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Asketh and FNN provideth. Very nice of you heydaad.

08-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I have a couple of baitcasting rods sitting unused in the garage ... a 6' Roddy Hunter medium action, and a Pinnacle 6' medium lite. Free for a newbie. email me at heydaad@gmail.com

Asketh and FNN provideth. Very nice of you heydaad.

a thanks fellas for all your help,im sure my lil cousin will enjoy them for sure.and i as a fnn'er could nt be more happier with all the good peeps here on this SITE!!!