PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar 8/12 w/ CJMedina

murrieta angler
08-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Howdy All!
Talked with CJMedina and we decided to hit up at Del Mar and try for some Halibut, since the Grunion are running.
Supposed to meet at 6:30, but I overslept by 15 minutes and with traffic I didn't get there till 6:55.
I call Carlos and ask where he is at, he informs me he is South of my location and proceeds to tell me that he's already stoked cause he has already landed 2 Perch and 1 YFC...:Smile:
I waste no time grabbing my Diawa Tierra M-7 with a Diawa Inshore reel. I have 12# P-Line on it with my old trusty LC110 in Sardine Metallic.
I ask Carlos what he was using when he caught his fish and informed me that he was using mussel and clam. I tell him to grab his hardbaits and lets try for the Hali's!
While we were getting re-acquianted with the going ons of the past few weeks, I feel a hit and yell, I got a Hali!!, then OH CRAP!!!! It comes off, Carlos is looking at me like I'm kidding with him, then I yell, HE'S BACK ON!!! He kinda laughs, cause he thinks I'm joking, until he looks at my rod and it's bent...:Big Grin:

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0812000717.jpg

It wasn't the biggest Halibut, but it was my target fish for the day...:Big Grin:
Carlos just looks at em, then runs over to our stuff and grabs his other rod.
After 45 minutes, I look over at Carlos, and his pole is bent now..:Smile:
I run over to him, in case he needs a hand, but he reels in a Thornback..:Rolls Eyes:
Oh well, at least it's another species for him.
We didn't stay much longer cause the weeds were rolling in. So we headed over to Torrey Pines and it was much worse there. We still stuck around till about 10:30, then I said I needed to eat.
We took off, went and grabbed his truck then went to eat at a little Mexican place in Leucadia. I forgot the name, but the Carnitas burrito was pretty good. Carlos got a Bomb Burrito, it had all kinds of stuff in it, including french fries and 2 rolled tacos..:Surprised:
After we ate we headed over to Carlsbad, where I ended my day, and spent 2 hours of fishing with nothing to show. Carlos pulled in a small perch.
I was really tired from the night before, I took the kids Grunion hunting and pulled in over 50 Grunions, which I just cleaned before I started this thread, and I didn't get to bed till 3:00. That's kinda why I overslept a bit...:Rolls Eyes:
Tonight is the 2nd to last Grunion run of the year, so get out there and get yourselves and easy meal.
Thanks for the read & God Bless Everyone!
Robert