PDA

View Full Version : lake elsinore ????

TTT
08-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I"m going on vacation soon and i've allways drove by elsinore but never actulally fished there.does anyone
know whats good to use from shore and where i can fish there?? i usually fish for bass, cats, bluegill, and crappie.
this info would be much appreciated.

bassgrabber1
08-14-2010, 12:34 PM
I caught a really nice crappie ther with a PANTHER MARTIN lure. I have never fished there for bass though. It would be interesting to see if anyone is actually pulling bass from there yet. They put some wipers in there to help control the abundant CARP population. The lake is also equiped with an aeration system I believe which has proven to show more bass when the testing has been done. It's supposed to be e great lake in the coming years.

Megsdad
08-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I have only fished there from a boat: very marginal luck on drop shot worms on the south east side (in the sticks).
Never caught a wiper, and only caught a few LMB from Elsy.

Sorry,
Joe

Stevenchen0616
08-15-2010, 10:27 PM
I fished there for many times and only caught carps (8 caught on last trip)....lol
I always fishing from shore at LS3 I believe....a public fishing beach...plus, IT'S FREE!!!
There is this hot spot at LS1 which is where the people always are...Its hard to find a spot there, its always packed!
I use the dough bait from the liquor store right behind LS1....its only good for carps tho...
If u going fish there, let me know....I go there much often now....

JigStop
08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
My son and I fish Elsie all the time. Was probably the BEST crappie lake in the west until the fish kill of last summer. Still some big slabs did survive so in two years I expect them to come back strong with all the shad in there. The older class of wipers were hit pretty hard too. Don't see any of the 10lb.+ stuff anymore. There is a class of wiper now that are right at about 18" (maybe 3lbs.) out there now. The catfishing is off the hook and they taste good, at least when the water temps are under 70 degrees. They didn't die-off nearly as bad as the game fish populations. Largemouth are spotty and the bluegills that I have seen are stunted and smallish. Everything in that lake relates to structure and shad. The public shore fishing areas can be productive and the wipers love ghost shrimp. Just make sure they are over the size limit.