PDA

View Full Version : AV Duct 8/10-8/11.

kpn
08-12-2010, 03:17 PM
After fishing last Sat with Ron (fishinone), John (FarmerJohn) and Alex on Ron's boat, we talked about the duct, and since John live only 5 min away from the duct, we decided to get together close to John's home and fish. I need to check out that part of the duct too.
Alex picked me up @ my place and off we go to pick Ron up. We ran a little late and John already at the duct waiting and he said "there are 4 people at the spot", I said "don't worry.....just wait there and most of them just bait & wait" we use lure, so it does not affect us.
We got there, meet up and get ready to the striper hunting mission. While we were out side at the car, there was a guy pull up & asked us how to fish the duct, we show him how we going to fish....lure only and we going in. By that time the 4 people already left.
The gate was wide open and water running fast. The guys want to know how to fish with fast moving water, I cast out & show them how I do......After my third cast & retrieved the lure in, I turned around to talk to John and hook up by the water egde.....caught me off guard.....
The fish used strong current with her advantage....
Z Z Z Z.......she took lots of drag......
When I took couple step from where I hook up, Alex hook up also at the same spot, that was a strong fish too, took alot of drag & crash on the surface, but Alex lost it about 5 second fight...Bummer!
Sorry, you lost your first ever duct fish bro.
By that time I slowly walked down the bank & fought the fish and Ron net for me. Thanks Ron.
That fish weighted 8.5lbs.
We stayed for anothe 30min....nothing, so we move to second spot.
We used the same method at the 1st spot and in my 5th cast I hook up on the other side of the duct, this one took more drag than the first one, I said to Alex...."this one is nicer.....feel heavy and strong". She stayed in the middle at the strong current and doesn't want to budge, I put more pressure on her and she slowly move to secondary current and Ron & Alex help me landed that fish. Thanks Guys!
It surprised me with when I saw the fish, she is smaller than the first one and only weight 5lbs.
We moved to other 3 spots, but no one home and called it a night at 1.50am.
Thanks Alex, Ron & John for the invite and fishing with me :Wink:.
That was my lucky night.....We may do it again some time.

Here is the picture.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/012.jpg

Khanh aka KPN.

PS: I went out again last night with my friend Hai in hoping the bite will be the same, but NOT.....the water was lower about 2 feet and flowing hard....We got the skunk!!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Way ta roll Khanh, saweeet action...

Nice feesh there brutha'

Congrats on a solid night...

as for going back with the skunk...

thats "A" typical for the duct....sometimes Lady duct wants ta dance and sometimes she doesn't..

makes those other "lucky nights" as you put it....all the more sweeter.

Sorry bout that lost fish but better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all !

as the old cliche' says !

Nice work !

Gary

fishinone
08-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey Khanh,

Thanks for the lesson. You really showed us how your KPN Skinny Shad works. It's an awesome lure.

Now I'm gonna go get some.

Ron

P. S. Did you see the pic of Gary's fish? It wasn't skinny.

Shock
08-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Good going on them duct stripies Khanh!!!

yolo
08-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Good job on some nice fish.

FarmerJohn
08-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Khanh,
Yeah I want to get a couple of those skinny shad lures from you after seeing how good they work with my own eyes.
All you FNNers that read this post, I'm not kidding when we got to the fist spot he slayed that 8 pounder on the first or second cast like it was waiting for that "KPN Skinny Shad Lure". I had not even made one cast yet.
That night ended to soon. I'm looking forward to the next round at the Castaic Moonlight Fishing Event this Saturday.

kpn
08-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Way ta roll Khanh, saweeet action...

Nice feesh there brutha'

Congrats on a solid night...

as for going back with the skunk...

thats "A" typical for the duct....sometimes Lady duct wants ta dance and sometimes she doesn't..

makes those other "lucky nights" as you put it....all the more sweeter.

Sorry bout that lost fish but better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all !

as the old cliche' says !

Nice work !

Gary

Thanks Gary. I can't believe the water conditions change that fast in 1 day.

Hey Khanh,

Thanks for the lesson. You really showed us how your KPN Skinny Shad works. It's an awesome lure.

Now I'm gonna go get some.

Ron

P. S. Did you see the pic of Gary's fish? It wasn't skinny.

Thanks for fishing with me Ron, now you see it first hand how the lure works, some people out there still think it just a hype.
Gary's fish is a typical AV duct striper, fat & healthy.......I think mine fish took a program with Jenny Craig or uses the Lap Band.

Good going on them duct stripies Khanh!!!

Thanks Joseph,
Let me know if you going back to SA......

Good job on some nice fish.

Thanks Zoli,
Did you go out lately? Water level was 2' low last Wed night.

Khanh,
Yeah I want to get a couple of those skinny shad lures from you after seeing how good they work with my own eyes.
All you FNNers that read this post, I'm not kidding when we got to the fist spot he slayed that 8 pounder on the first or second cast like it was waiting for that "KPN Skinny Shad Lure". I had not even made one cast yet.
That night ended to soon. I'm looking forward to the next round at the Castaic Moonlight Fishing Event this Saturday.

John,
Thanks for fishing with me, and like I said before, I caught 99.9999% duct's stripers on my Skinny Shad lures. They're very affective at the duct.
Will see you Sat Moonlight fishing.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Khanh aka KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks Gary. I can't believe the water conditions change that fast in 1 day.

Thanks for fishing with me Ron, now you see it first hand how the lure works, some people out there still think it just a hype.
Gary's fish is a typical AV duct striper, fat & healthy.......I think mine fish took a program with Jenny Craig or uses the Lap Band.

Thanks Joseph,
Let me know if you going back to SA......

Thanks Zoli,
Did you go out lately? Water level was 2' low last Wed night.

John,
Thanks for fishing with me, and like I said before, I caught 99.9999% duct's stripers on my Skinny Shad lures. They're very affective at the duct.
Will see you Sat Moonlight fishing.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Khanh aka KPN.

Khanh Says: Thanks Gary. I can't believe the water conditions change that fast in 1 day

Gary Says: Don't be fooled, water conditions can change DRASTICALLY in less than ONE HOUR...doesn't even need a full day

fishinone
08-13-2010, 01:46 PM

Your fish were skinny for sure. The big one weighed 8.5 lb. but it had a 10+ lb. head.

NooB SaBass
08-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Holy crap! those are nice, wish I could catch 1 lol nice job

Marine_Michael
08-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Nice looking fish, congrats.

trail blazer
08-18-2010, 10:58 PM
wtg kahn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice,,,,,

M@M
08-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Again Kahn. Way to slay!!