PDA

View Full Version : Sliverwood....HELP!!!!!

Trout 1
08-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey guys....Im heading up to the "wood" tomorrow. I have only fished it a few times. Can i get some tips please!!!!!! I taking my uncle and he is not able to walk to far cause he is having knee surgery next week...THANKS!!!

Trout 1
Andrew

seal
08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Well being that you seem to be a trout fisherman I wouldn't have much advise from shore for trout other than Miller canyon this time of the year, Miller is way too much of a hike I think for the knee. It's been a little slow over in Cleghorn on cats and stripers recently, I keep thinking it will pick up but hasn't so far. Chemise is doing well but a boat or long hike is required and the dam will eat his knee up big time. Wish I had better advise, my best advise is to get a boat.

Trout 1
08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info....We are going to try for striper....im trying to expand from trout LOL!!!

Thanks again!
Trout 1
Andrew

RTG
08-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Try soaking 'chovies at the outlet buoy line for stripers. The inlet has been terrible, as has the spillway. Best bet is cats though. I'll tell you this though-if you can score lugworms, not bloodworms, you're almost guaranteed something! Only place that I know that has them is "Big Fish" in Seal Beach. They don't last long in the fridge, but they are by far the best bait at Silverwood! Stripers, cats and bluegill love them!

Trout 1
08-12-2010, 05:04 PM
how hard is it to get to the outlet? thanks for the info bro!

Trout 1
Andrew

Trout 1
08-12-2010, 11:59 PM
bump....bump....

seal
08-13-2010, 09:06 AM
The outlet is surrounded by a bouy line that is off limits. There are a couple of shorelines on either side that you can fish from, you would want to fish from a boat outside of the bouy lines for stripers.

RUSSO
08-13-2010, 09:47 AM
I like using Garlic Night Crawlers at Silverwood, inflated for Trout and Stripers, not inflated for Catfish. Good Luck.

seal
08-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I like using Garlic Night Crawlers at Silverwood, inflated for Trout and Stripers, not inflated for Catfish. Good Luck.

Yup crack to those stripers, I think they fish better than chovies, usually only fish them when I'm desperate and they aren't hitting the lures. Get um early in the day, they sell out of them often.

troutguy26
08-13-2010, 06:10 PM
i dont have any info for ya bud..silverwood sucks for me..idk what it is with that lake right now..lol but i got u into some fish today..so no worries right? ha glad u left silverwood to come where i was..what a good day

Trout 1
08-13-2010, 09:18 PM
hahah fer real man thanks again for lureing me over LOL!!!!!!!! I see that got u up and running again.....

Trout 1
Andrew

Trout 1
08-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks for all the info guys....I got the big skunk at the wood tho...oh well better luck next time right?

seal
08-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Join the club! I fish the Wood multiple times every week, last few outings have been way slow. Everybody's just waiting for it to turn on, but the Wood isn't cooperating so far this year.

Glad you found them somewhere else.

Nessie Hunter
08-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Im in Hesperia, The Wood is my home lake, and its quite close....
I Float tube it, and go out with friends on bass boats...

Its been the worst year I have ever experienced at the Wood???
Either there are no fish in the lake, or I am getting worse & worse at bass fishing!!!

Did some one plant Snakeheads in the lake??? I think they ate all the Bass & Stripers!!!

sawoobley
08-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Snakeheads? Use topwater baits like frogs through weeds and close to shore. Silverwood was the first place we found snakeheads in the U.S. THEY'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

:Cool:

seal
08-17-2010, 09:04 AM
The fish are still there but seem to have lockjaw! Early season produced pretty good for me on LMB's but the Stripers seem to be AWOL and recently the LMB's have backed off. Yup been frogging a little but so far no takers.

Lunker1979
08-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Snakeheads? Use topwater baits like frogs through weeds and close to shore. Silverwood was the first place we found snakeheads in the U.S. THEY'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

:Cool:

No way, there aren't any snakeheads in there.