PDA

View Full Version : Fulmor Lake Idylwyld

Sublime-Steve
08-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Went up the mountain with a friend. never had been there before didn't know what to expect, got there around 4pm ( very clean no trash laying around not many people fishing ) went to the west end and id say within 10 mins i was into my first LMB. seemed like the people that were fishing were mostly going to trout and not having any luck but it seemed like for me almost every other cast was producing a nice lil bass I had a blast!. My buddy on the other hand only caught 1 bass on a bait and wait setup for trout and was fishing for bass on his 10lb test and had not 1 bite ( bummer) kool *** place i wanna go back soon

teejay
08-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I remember driving past the lake on a trip to hike Mt. San Jacinto. I didn't stop but it did look like a nice place.

Lunker1979
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Gang bangers party up there at night and on the weekends. If you are going to go, go early and get out of there before the sun goes down.,.....lol.

Billy Bass
08-12-2010, 12:34 PM
It's nice to see that there's water in that lake. Sux about the Gang Bangers, though

Natural Lefty
08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
There didn't used to be Bass in there, but they were put in a few years ago to control the tiny, stunted Bluegill and Pumpkinseed populations. I used to see little 2-3 inchers spawning near shore. That was as big as they got. I haven't fished there in awhile, but I suppose the sunfish get somewhat bigger now.

IncredibleHuck
08-12-2010, 04:48 PM
There didn't used to be Bass in there, but they were put in a few years ago to control the tiny, stunted Bluegill and Pumpkinseed populations. I used to see little 2-3 inchers spawning near shore. That was as big as they got. I haven't fished there in awhile, but I suppose the sunfish get somewhat bigger now.

Actually the Bass have been in there as long as I can remember, and i've been fishing Fulmor since the early 90's. We would always catch them on the backside of the lake.

Simplyeman
08-12-2010, 06:53 PM
I used to go there several times a year until one day I went fishing....two weeks later after I went fishing I had read a report that roughly around the time I went they had found a body face down in the lake dead. now if you've been to this lake you know that it is creepy enough as it is now imagine showing up to a dead body face down. Never went back.

fishmounter
08-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Way back when I was a kid of about 8 or 9, my dad knew the owner of that lake. It had a chain link fence topped with barbed-wire and had a gate that was locked. My dad was able to get a key so he could bring in his family for a day of fishing. It was stocked with Rainbow Trout and I can remember catching lots of them. I also remember having my first experience catching a crawdad in my minnow net while I was trying to net tadpoles. Scared the hell out of me! "Dad! I just caught a weird big bug!!"

IncredibleHuck
08-12-2010, 10:54 PM
I used to go there several times a year until one day I went fishing....two weeks later after I went fishing I had read a report that roughly around the time I went they had found a body face down in the lake dead. now if you've been to this lake you know that it is creepy enough as it is now imagine showing up to a dead body face down. Never went back.

Well I know there have been some diving accidents off of the big rock. We went up there once the day after a girl broke her neck trying to dive off of the rock.

Simplyeman
08-13-2010, 12:55 AM
horrible idea...diving off that big rock, you dive into i think 3 feet of water max lol

bassgrabber1
08-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Sublime...you must have seen TOPWATER up there then. He was there from about 4 also. There are tons of little bass in there. We have yet to catch one there in the 2 lbs range. It's a very fun little lake.

Sublime-Steve
08-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Hell i think i did.. I was on the far left workin the reeds and there was some dude across from me who looked familiar as hell lol

bassgrabber1
08-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Yup...tall skinny dude that looks straight out of the 80"s ...that's him. He said he caught a lot of fish.

Natural Lefty
08-13-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure when the Bass were stocked there, but I remember going there several times in the 1990s and catching a bunch of tiny sunfish on flies, with no Bass evident whatsoever. The last time my wife and I went there, the sunfish were somewhat bigger, so I think they had stocked Bass by then.

Sublime-Steve
08-14-2010, 02:54 PM
been there couple times since.. didn't see 1 sunfish but someone told me they just stocked it with trout and they were jumping like crazy :EyePop:

TopwaterBassin
08-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Sublime: Ya, I am up there a lot, usually during the week. Bassgrabber is talking **** cause he cant catch them like I can up there. We caught about 13 between the two of us (not Bassgrabber) when we were up there last Thursday. Going up tomorrow afternoon sometime.
Gang bangers?????? I have yet to come across anyone like that up there, and I fish until around 8:00p. Everyone I come across is pretty decent and friendly. The weekends do get semi-crowded, but most people leave around 3-4, so go up in the afternoon. The bass are getting bigger, and a lot fatter. Biggest out of there so far was about 2-1/2pounds, but there are bigger bass in there, I have seen them.

Lunker1979
08-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Sublime: Ya, I am up there a lot, usually during the week. Bassgrabber is talking **** cause he cant catch them like I can up there. We caught about 13 between the two of us (not Bassgrabber) when we were up there last Thursday. Going up tomorrow afternoon sometime.
Gang bangers?????? I have yet to come across anyone like that up there, and I fish until around 8:00p. Everyone I come across is pretty decent and friendly. The weekends do get semi-crowded, but most people leave around 3-4, so go up in the afternoon. The bass are getting bigger, and a lot fatter. Biggest out of there so far was about 2-1/2pounds, but there are bigger bass in there, I have seen them.

Well, I work for the Sheriff's Department and I get to respond to calls for service in that area.......they are there, trust me.

bassgrabber1
08-16-2010, 05:09 PM

I saw gang bangers up there on a weekend ...so they are there. I am not talking smack fool.....GAY!

TopwaterBassin
08-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Gang bangers are everywhere, dont matter where you go anymore. Still wont stop me from fishing that lake especially since I go up there more during the week, and not the weekends.

bassgrabber1
08-17-2010, 07:02 AM
True I didn't see any there during the week. It's a fun little lake to fish.