PDA

View Full Version : The Shoe-- 7/22 Cuda Fest

Rich and Noah
07-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Went out with Capt. Tim yesterday to Horseshoe Kelp. It was Noah’s first time and he helped the bite with a mid-morning chum session of PB&J and red Gatorade :cry: . I can’t verify all the elements of the chum but it helped stir up the Barracuda @ the Shoe. Fishing was wide open with ‘cuda jumping everywhere. The seals had their day chasing the cuda as well. Most were caught on plastics using 15-20 lb. test. We snapped off a few on bait due to the cuda teeth slicing up the line.

A great day on the water here in SoCal. We hope to see more bass and yellows soon..

Funjunkie74
07-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Looks like an awesome trip!!

I've theorizing that a little Gatorade or Red Bull chum may help the fish get pumped up to bite!!

Good times, Great smiles!!

FJ74

p.s. You should resize the pictures down to 8.5" wide. It's hard seeing the whole picture when it runs off the sides like this...not that a picture of your boy's giant smile filling up my screen is a problem!! :D

JapanRon
07-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi Rich and Noah,

WTG on the fishys. Kid looks pretty stoked to me! Before or After? :lol: :lol: On the moo-moos we call it a rail-rally!! We take bets sometimes on first one to the rail! :wink:

JapanRon

k3vin_kim
07-23-2007, 01:38 PM
you could make a billboard outta that huge picture~!

Rich and Noah
07-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Happy now; give a little slack to the newbee :roll:

No luck w/ other species. Anyone know any good GPS coordinates for skulls or bass?

ahhvtec
07-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Nice work! Man those are some slime sticks for sure!

Duc

Funjunkie74
07-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Happy now; give a little slack to the newbee :roll:

No luck w/ other species. Anyone know any good GPS coordinates for skulls or bass?

Ah~just right...Now I can see happy child and proud papa!!
Those smiles really do tell the whole story!! :D

You could {{discretely}} take your GPS handheld on a cattleboat and record where you are and what you're catching....

But you didn't hear that from me... :wink:

Rich and Noah
07-23-2007, 02:59 PM
We had the same idea but our fishing is so sporatic we rather stay on our boat. I hate the crowds and all the beginers using their spinning gear upside down!!! :P

We'll probably do it though sometime soon if we ever get a consistent bite. We found one site with good coordinates here-

http://mysite.verizon.net/jeffspira/

Thanks, I've received some good emails thus far!

one_leg
07-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Were they all safely released?

Just kidding.....lol

Nice job on the Barries.

Spinning gear upside down. :lol:

One_Leg