PDA

View Full Version : Neglecting my son.

jaminon265
08-11-2010, 07:05 PM
promised my son a fishing trip this summer, however it has yet to happen. I have a three day weekend and debating between Cachuma or Cuyamaca. We have to take the dog, she loves fishing.

Typically every year we spend our time out on the Owens or up near South lake, Lake Sabrina and where ever else we wonder, and visiting Cuyamaca. however, I have not been to Cachuma and was wondering how is it fishing from the shore? What do you suggest?

exfactor
08-16-2010, 11:40 AM
It's been slow at best from the shore. Night fishing has been ok off the fishing piers. Dogs must be on leash at all times there, and not allowed on boats.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-16-2010, 11:49 AM
U might be better off with Casitas lake....shore may prove to be ok but I'd suggest renting a boat...

Panfish, Catfish and Bass should be attainable depending on your skill levels...great campgrounds near the lake and shower facilities...

I'd pass on your other 2 choices..

Good luck..

Hometown
08-16-2010, 01:49 PM
iF YOUR 3 DAY WEEKEND IS A HOLIDAY FORGET CACHUMA THE CAMP GROUND WILL BE SOLD OUT BEFORE FRIDAY AND SHORE FISHING IS TUFF CUYAMACA IS PRETTY AND LAST MONTH THE CRAPPIE WERE BITEING REALLY GOOD AND LAKE SUTHERLAND AND MORENA ARE WITHIN 1/2 HOUR DRIVE.HAVE FUN FISHING WITH YOUR SON REGARDLESS OF WERE YOU GO THEY GROWUP QUICK. PEACE :HOMETOWN:
promised my son a fishing trip this summer, however it has yet to happen. I have a three day weekend and debating between Cachuma or Cuyamaca. We have to take the dog, she loves fishing.

Typically every year we spend our time out on the Owens or up near South lake, Lake Sabrina and where ever else we wonder, and visiting Cuyamaca. however, I have not been to Cachuma and was wondering how is it fishing from the shore? What do you suggest?