PDA

View Full Version : NPH 08/09 (late report)

KILLA
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for the late report. Met up with my buddy scott to fish the big tide change 6.9 monday night after work. We fished the canal with plastics ( some curly tails/action baits ) using 1/4 oz. lead heads. Water was fairly clear with a strong current moving. We fished the pillars, stormdrains, docks, bouylines, rockpiles...etc with just a few short bites. After 2 hrs we found a dock with with no one fishing off it and open parking right in front. Decided to fish all of the above on the way to get the truck. Loaded up the truck and headed for the dock. Rig'd up my Sealine 30 with a 2 oz. pyramid & 2 ft top shot. 20 lb. Toss out frozed dines and let the soak begin. Realizing it was almost 9 o'clock I had to run to the tackle shop to see if they had any squid, ( Ray Bait ) got there just in time for the chick to latch the lock in front of me ^&%&^ oh well. Ran back to the dock realizing how bad of shape im in...lol There was a lot of bait in the water with a few spooks ( kept tossing the curyly's ) finally I hear the sound. Not a screaming sound but a sneaky one. I picked up the rod kicked of the clicker and see ya line starts to pull BOOM set the hook fight was on. Not much of a fight with the 20lb but I was getting that smell off my back. Nice little thornback C&R'd.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/poachn/2010-08-09212631.jpg

Pretty quiet for the next hour so we decided to head in. I was suprised that we didn't catch a single spottie/bay bass with such a good tide. That's why it's called fishing and not catching.

Tight Lines

KILLA

fish ful
08-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Nice report. cool fish too. Never caught one of those.

At least you got that skunk off.

DockRat
08-12-2010, 06:38 AM
'A' for effort.
DR

ghetto dad
08-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Nice report killa...yeah..at least for me this year, my usual NPH spots havent been producing...its frustrating.....

Seņor.Chilax
08-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Something's something, right? Thanks for the report.

murrieta angler
08-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Good job getting the smell gone!
Robert