PDA

View Full Version : overnight trip?

catfish 17
08-11-2010, 03:44 PM
HEY EVERYONE, i been wanting to go on a overnight fishing trip to catch my first yellowtail or my first sea bass. I don't wanna drive to san diego and pay lots of cash. i am willing to pay about $150.00 and less... :LOL:. I want to go on a trip that's really worth it, and that i am going to catch my first yellow or sea bass...:Big Grin:. Anybody know a good landing?i seen the 22nd street landing, danas wharf, etc... but their overnights aint worth it. They probably catch about 5 yellows a trip...! The price is ok because they charge $120.00, but not much big fish. I never been on an overnight trip before and i am dying to go on one. Please help me... By the way, i am looking to go on the trip from 8/23/10 and up.

Thanks.:Envious:

apcrew45
08-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Hey man if you really truly want to almost guarantee yourself a pelagic, I would suggest saving up some money and hopping on one of the six pack boats from pierpoint landing. I believe the best prices offered are on the Spectra or Mardiosa but these trips run anywhere from 220-240.
But if you want a chance at catching big fish any over night boat like Toronado, Sea Horse or the Freedom will get you to the location of fish bitting. Put your time in on the rail and it will happen.
Also always keep up with water temps, moon phases, tides and weather. The week you are going to fish seems to be a good choice as long as all this squid sticks around.

Good luck, and hope you slay them.

labboss2003
08-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Dont waste your money right now wait till september. See if the water warms up .

catfish 17
08-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Dont waste your money right now wait till september. See if the water warms up .

good thing you told me. I just want to catch some yellowtail or some seabass.

apcrew45
08-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Big yellows going off right now at SCI. Two boats in the area got 24+ and these are big models. Water is 66 and now is the time to go, take the heavy gear!

catfish 17
08-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Big yellows going off right now at SCI. Two boats in the area got 24+ and these are big models. Water is 66 and now is the time to go, take the heavy gear!

how much is that?

greyghost
08-18-2010, 10:09 PM
yea, wait til sept. to try for wsb's good luck with that one!!!!

jiggaman
08-20-2010, 01:43 PM
if you want a for sure WSB or YT than you might wanna fish a aquarium like long beach or sea world or something because there is no guarantee. You cant say that your just not gonna go somewhere because they are not catching a ton of fish... If they are catching some that means you have as good a chance as any to catch one. You think that just because they are not landing fish means that they are not there?...LOL, just go fish and see what happens because if you keep waiting for your supposed "GAURANTEE" catch then you might be in a retirement home by than haha

elevated
08-20-2010, 02:11 PM
gotta agree with Jiggaman, if you wait till the counts go WO, your gonna miss it. check out Bloody Decks too...

fish
08-20-2010, 02:20 PM
You first have to realize that nothing is guaranteed. There is not a boat that 100% of the time catches YT or WSB. The WSB around the islands have been sick this season, but you never know how the conditions are going to change when you get out there.

Also don't forget that the cost of the trip is not only what they charge. You will have to pay for fish clean and whatever you eat/drink. Also don't forget to tip the crew. Nothing makes me more upset than seeing guys not tipping the crew enough when they bust their *** all day.