PDA

View Full Version : Where shoulf i go fishing next??

Jorge323
08-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Does anybody know where the bite is good? (multispecies)
Ill go anywhere from MDR to Dana point. Im trying to have a great day of fishing to shake off a skunk lol. Advice on what tackle to take would be appreciated
-thanks

buck48808
08-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Newport harbor always produces. Just follow the posts and then ask the guys for some specifics. Everyone here is willing to help out a fellow fisherman (although some more than others)

murrieta angler
08-12-2010, 05:57 PM
I concur with Buck. It always seem to be going off, unless it's me fishing...lol
Good Luck

EL_CHIDO
08-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Nothing more to add...Newport Harbor for a multi-species day.

xjdesertfox
08-12-2010, 06:06 PM
and not to be the ******* of the thread, but this is why the harbor is overfished.

the bite just keeps getting weaker and weaker...

murrieta angler
08-12-2010, 06:19 PM
and not to be the ******* of the thread, but this is why the harbor is overfished.

I didn't see where anyone said they were keeping any fish and if you think it's bad now, wait till the closure over in Laguna Beach kicks in!?!

xjdesertfox
08-12-2010, 06:25 PM
i never said anyone was keeping fish...

you dont have to keep fish in order for the fishing to change...

DockRat
08-12-2010, 06:52 PM
this is why the harbor is overfished.

Should just call the spot ' South of Point Conception ' or any vague area :Envious:

Guess they have to figure it out the hard way. :Bawling:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk306/MERC_Grey-Wolf/Forum%20Images/shot-foot.jpg

DR

xjdesertfox
08-12-2010, 06:56 PM
well, someone on this forum was nice enough to teach me how to fish the harbor, and castaic, and the duct, and tons of other areas, but when people opened up to me i was already an established member who people knew and i made it clear that i CPR.

but it just sucks to catch fewer and fewer fish at a spot while at the same time more and more reports are coming on FNN about an area.

granted there was no tackle or precise location info given out, but the NPH fishing has been pretty bad lately.

smokinflies
08-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Hit the islands in NPH. :Wink:

Tight lines

smokehound
08-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Its not that fish are being kept, its because too much pressure will cause a case of lock-jaw in certain areas.

fish have a good ability to learn just by watching. If a fish sees a fish get caught with a lure, it will learn to associate that color with danger.. The color that was once the hot ticket then becomes mere warning colors-- akin to the often bright colors and patterns of venomous creatures.

When the area gets hammered hard enough, fish will avoid ANYTHING unnatural and will often only hit live/cut bait.

This is good for the bait&waiters, but hell on the active bass-fishermen...

smokinflies
08-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Its not that fish are being kept, its because too much pressure will cause a case of lock-jaw in certain areas.

fish have a good ability to learn just by watching. If a fish sees a fish get caught with a lure, it will learn to associate that color with danger.. The color that was once the hot ticket then becomes mere warning colors-- akin to the often bright colors and patterns of venomous creatures.

When the area gets hammered hard enough, fish will avoid ANYTHING unnatural and will often only hit live/cut bait.

This is good for the bait&waiters, but hell on the active bass-fishermen...

Great point of view smokehound. :Cool: