PDA

View Full Version : Past month bass fishing at Irvine Lake

VineAssist
08-10-2010, 12:29 PM
The past month of bass fishing has been amazing to say the least. There are a couple patterns that I would like to key you guys in on. Mind you these are the patterns that I have been on and in no way reflect what others might be on.

The main pattern I have found is a jig bite that has pretty much been on any point or bank with any rock on it. I have been throwing a 3/8oz and a 1/2 oz jig. I have been having success with browns and greens. As for trailers I have been attaching a Yammotto craw, Berkley chigger craw, Berkley beast or a Sweet Beaver. I try and match the color of the trailer to the skirt. If I am dragging the jig I go with the craws and if I am swimming it I go with the beast or the sweet beaver.
Pattern number two has consisted of throwing a big worm on the points. I have been fishing this set up with 10 lb line, a 1/4 oz tungsten wt and a glass bead. Baiscally throw it up on the point and drag it back slow. Letting the fish get a good look at it. When you do get bit let them eat it a bit and then swing for the fences. This in the past has been a big fish producer.
Pattern three kind of goes hand in hand with the main one. It is a Yammotto Hula grub rigged on a 1/4 oz or 3/8 oz football or stand up head. I am just thowing this along the same stuff as a jig and swimmin it down the point.

The topwater bite and reaction bait bite has been sporadic at best for me. One day the fish will be blastin the shad back in the flats and the next all the bait is pinner and it is impossible to get bit. I know some guys are gettin fish in spooks and ricos but like I said it has been too sporadic.

fish ful
08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
WOW! great info Jimmy. That's what I'm talking about. No excuses now guys. now you know the how, were and what to use to get the bass.

Jimmy has just given out his years of experience to anyone who can read. I don't know many who would give it up so easy. So stop the bashing....lol The vine wants you to catch fish!

dfisher
08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Great info. Hope to be bassin there soon!

dixoncider
08-11-2010, 04:27 AM
..thanks..

DaBasser
08-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't own a boat so I'll have to catch a ride when the opportunity presents itself.