PDA

View Full Version : Kern River and Lake Isabella

Fishin Magician
08-10-2010, 08:17 AM
The Kern River is flowing at 500cfs and clear. Stocking continues every week and the fishing is great. Several of my guests are fishing and reporting easy limits. I watched one of them catch 3 nice 12-14" fish right on the beach last evening on a spinner. Spinners, salmon eggs, crickets, night crawlers are all working good.
The bass fishing is still the best on the lake. Big numbers of fish are being reported. Most guys are typically tight lipped about techniques but I would be throwing plastics in close or drop shot. Crappie are hit and miss. Find the right school and it's on. Catfish are still all you want around the trees near Camp 9 and Tillie Creek, Browns cove, Stine cove and Boulder Gulch. Shad, clams and mackerel are the baits of choice.
Sorry this is all second hand info as I have not had time to fish in a week. Maintenance on my lodge, vehicles and getting ready for a family camping trip into the high country for some Golden and Brook trout has kept me off the water.

rino152
08-19-2010, 12:35 PM
hey man help me out here I want to fish in the river now that its flowing so here is what i want to know.
1. where on the river should i fish.
2. to catch the bass what should i use.

Piss on Myspace
08-20-2010, 12:42 PM
correct me if i wrong, but demanding help without the least bit of respect,,,ie a please or a thank you, will undoubtfully give up all the good spots and techniques...fish in the water and use bass tackle

I Rocha
08-20-2010, 04:54 PM
correct me if i wrong, but demanding help without the least bit of respect,,,ie a please or a thank you, will undoubtfully give up all the good spots and techniques...fish in the water and use bass tackle

rino152
08-21-2010, 05:20 PM
im sorry? i didnt feel i was being demanding, i was however in a rush so i guess thats why it came out that way. sorry, please , and thank you.

Fishin Magician
08-22-2010, 07:39 AM
If you want largemout bass, you will have to fish the lower river from Rancheria road west to downtown Bakersfield. Smallmouth can be caught from the Isabella dam down. Try crickets and night crawlers for bait. The river is mainly a trout river, and only trout above Iabella lake. Largemouth can be caught in the lake on standard bass tackle (plastics, crank baits and spinner baits). Try points, brush and rockpiles.