PDA

View Full Version : WSB on the central coast!

rusty6
08-09-2010, 06:03 PM
TONS of reports coming in about LARGE wsb patrolling the coastline between pismo and cayucos. I've been talking to a lot of deckhands on the sport boats up here and they have all been saying the same things, tons of bait and squid in the water as well as tons of large halibut and wsb. if you are planning a trip up here at all, now is the time. taking my yak out on wednesday in hopes of my first yak wsb.

murrieta angler
08-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Good Luck and thanks for the info. I will be there shortly.
Robert

DockRat
08-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Seen some commercial boat today at Terminal Island Fish Harbor and this kid was filleting WSB.
They had a several in a 55 gal barrel 20 to 40 lbs. Didn't get any 411.
DR

JapanRon
08-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi rusty6,

Lookin' for your report good, bad, or indifferent !!

JapanRon

rusty6
08-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Went out of virg's on the harbor pathfinder yesterday in hopes of a WSB. Ended up with a quality limit consisting of 1 solid red, 4 browns, a treefish, 3 HUGE gophers, and an obese starry. Tons of short lings, broke off on what felt like a good ling, and had a couple baits come up bit in half. On the last stop of the day, i thought i snagged the rock but then the rock started to run straight out of the boat at a much faster rate than the drift of the boat...then my knot connecting the braid and floro broke...my guess was either a wsb or a massive halibut, both of which have been getting caught with regularity in the area that we fished. Notable catches on the boat were multiple 10+ lb lings and a couple 10+ lb butts. Gunna head out again after the next paycheck.

Ambassadorhawg
08-16-2010, 11:24 AM
There's quite a bit of WSB in your area (permanent residents) and another body that lives in Monterey Bay. Where there's squid, there's WSB...

islandguy2
08-16-2010, 11:56 PM
check out "Allcoast.com" theres a guy on the front page with some pics of the WSB he caught up that side...........wish i could take my boat up there...but too far.............when the hell is this EPIC summer fishing Ive been hearing about going to materialize here in socal....this is my first summer here with a boat and Im waiting, seems like everthing is at catalina but what about the coast down here?????