PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point Twlight 8/7/10

NY4Reels!
08-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Sorry, no pic's this time. The camera broke on the last trip out with Jerry and Quan

The fishing was great! Calicos were hitting everything that you threw at them.
Using anchovies and sardines didn't give you a better bite so I stuck with the plastics most of the night.

Caught 50 or more using both clear and red flake blams, and smelt color zoom jerk baits dipped in Uni Butter. Also used Gulp jerk baits in New Penny and light blue. all used on the same 1/4 oz syckle head.

All my plastics were torn to shreads. I'm not sure if the huge swing tide had anything to do with how well the bite was, but it was the best trip that I had this season even though most all the calicos that I caught were sub legals. Also caught 5 sub legal slime sticks.

Dana Point is having a twlight special during the weeknights except Tuesdays. Buy your tickets on line type in "friends25" under promo code and fish for $25! Can't beat that, so I'm thinking of going again this comming week and Friday.

Hope to see you out there!

JapanRon
08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi NY4Reels,

Good job on the rubber !!! Great share on the cheap ride ..... that's what the boards are for sometimes !!

JapanRon

Ifishtoolittle
08-08-2010, 10:08 PM
That's a lot of fish you caught on a twlight, very nice.

DockRat
08-09-2010, 05:36 AM
$25 is a good deal. If the fishing is going off do you need the Uni butter ?
DR

murrieta angler
08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Very sweet NY4Reels!
Robert

Jackpot Jimmy
08-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Very nice Glenn! Dad and I went down there in the beginning of July and we had good calico fishing on the plastics.

See you soon,

Jimmy

ghetto dad
08-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Great job Glen..hope alls well brother...been awhile!! take care, and thanks for the report!