PDA

View Full Version : What's the DFG hotline number?

Ifishtoolittle
08-07-2010, 12:54 AM
So I've been hitting city park lakes more and more this past summer and I'm seeing a lot of illegal stuff going on, can any one refer me to a reliable DFG number I could call to report this stuff? Thanks.

-IF2L

DockRat
08-07-2010, 06:39 AM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/

Cal-TIP

Californians Turn in Poachers and Polluters

1 888 DFG-CALTIP (888 334-2258)

If you would like to know more
about the CalTIP Inc. and the
"CalTIP Citizens Review Board"
click on the image above.

A Confidential Secret Witness Program

CalTIP (Californians Turn In Poachers and Polluters) is a confidential secret witness program that encourages the public to provide Fish and Game with factual information leading to the arrest of poachers and polluters.

CalTIP was introduced in California in 1981 in order to give Californians an opportunity to help protect the state's fish and wildlife resources. The toll free telephone number operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You do not have to give your name.

Poaching

Poaching is the illegal taking of fish and wildlife. It can involve hunting out of season, the taking of more fish or game animals than the law allows, and the illegal commercialization of species including abalone, sturgeon, bears, reptiles and many others. Equally devastating crimes include pollution and habitat destruction and the insidious practice of transporting and introducing non-native, undesirable fish (like northern pike and white bass) into California's lakes and rivers

Nessie Hunter
08-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Should be on the back of your fishing lic, unless you bought it online...
Just checked my online Lic, no DFG CalTip number on the back of it???
But I have it programed into my cell phone !!!!!!!