PDA

View Full Version : Striper Genocide. With KPN, KPN’s Brother In-law, Fishinone and FarmerJohn.

FarmerJohn
08-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Wednesday 08/04/2010,

I got in line about 5:30am then went into my routine of parking at the restrooms in the upper parking lot to get the boat ready to launch and wait for Khanh and his brother in-law.
We were in the water and on our way to the buoy line by 6:30am. Dropped the anchor south of the buoy line then the wind set us back on the anchor we were about 10 feet from it. Perfect!! Don’t want a ticket!
The bite stared out slow but as usual Khanh broke the ice first then me after that the bite died.
We were in about 100 feet of water so Khanh went down to just off the bottom and the rod went bindo and Khanh lands about a 5 pounder. So we all went to the bottom then Khanh starts catching 4 & 5 pounders like a man possessed. I landed one more that looked about 2 lbs.
It was around 11:00am and I get a bite and waited for him to take it a little bit better then wham! I set the hook and knew then I was in for a fight. We are only using 6 pound test on medium freshwater spinning rigs. Well this fish just starts peeling off line so fast I had to loosen the drag more then I got a few cracks in and he took 3 times more line out than I reeled in. After a couple of minutes I don’t think I had gained any ground that all in fact I was sure I had lost even more. I was thinking if I don’t wear him out soon he’s going to snap my line so I loosened the drag a little more then it felt like he got hung in some rocks or something because I would pull and try to gain ground but it wouldn’t budge. There was a breeze blowing and it was making my line sing. I looked on the fish finder and was showing the bottom was flat as could be with nothing to get hung on. It didn’t seem like he moving around at all but I could not pull him up. At this time Khanh and a guy in the boat next to us started saying that’s a catfish and said I don’t care what it is I just want to land it. It was shortly after that I finally started winning the battle but it still seemed like I was reeling forever remember he had over 150 feet of my line out. When I finally saw color I knew I had a new personal best with this STRIPER it looked huge. Khanh weighted it at 7 lbs. After that we took kind of a lunch break. I dropped Khanh off at the ramp to go to Gallions to do some lure business while his brother in-law and I went to a cove to take a quick swim and cool off.
If any of you FNNers are looking for some great striper lures Gallions has a fresh stock of KPN LURES! Their a must have for throwing on those striper boils. And they should be starting any day now. The KPN Top water Lures are a sure thing for that.
OK intermissions or half time is over. Back to the day of fishing at hand.
We picked Khanh back up at the ramp an since we were doing pretty damn good for the day we decided to check out some other spots.
First spot I wanted to check out was one I stumbled onto last Friday. I had been fishing all day and was starring a big old skunk in the face. It was around 6:00pm when I slowly cruised through the area and metered a lot of big fish so I anchored there and put the lines out. And nothing! I put fresh bait on and still nothing! I decided to call it a skunk and when I reached to get the rod on my left too reel it up, out of the corner of my eye I saw my other rod get slammed but when I got their it was too late so I baited back up and it was like someone turn on the bite switch. With two rods I was busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest and ended up with 5 with the largest one being 5 pounds and lost more than I landed. Had my line snapped three time right after setting the hook I felt like I was in the ocean on a school of bonito in a feeding frenzy then the life guards chased me out.
So we cruised through that spot and not a fish anywhere. But it was only about 1:30 to 2:00 pm. So we headed back to the buoy line and anchored back in the same spot as earlier. I think we or I should say Khanh the fishing machine caught a couple more. Then Fishinone called and was at the ramp waiting for us to pick him up so away we went. We picked him up and went back to the buoy line. It was now about 4:30 pm and the bite at the buoy line was all but gone. About 5:30 pm I suggested we try the spot I found last Friday again reluctantly agreed so we headed over there. I cruised the area looking for fish again and only metered a couple here and there and I started sweating, thinking my friends were going the be mad if this turns out to be a wild goose chase. Well we decided to anchor near the same spot I was at last Friday. They put their lines out and I just sat in the driver’s seat starring at the fish finder hoping for a miracle. Then it happened at about the same time as last Friday. First one fish appeared on the screen then two more, then four more and then the screen was covered with fish. My fish finder has fish icons for the fish and shows them in 3 different sizes small, medium and large. It also has a beep alarm that goes off when it meters each fish. From that point on the screen looked like and overcrowded aquarium and the alarm was receiving morose code. It was insane. And we had a blast. Needless to say we had four anglers with four limits. A day of fishing I will always remember with my two good friend Khanh = KPN and Ron = Fishinone. Enjoy the pictures.:EyePop::LOL::Farmer:

trail blazer
08-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Great POST,,,,,,,,exelent job on the striper slay ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MABY THE POST OF THE WEEK,,,,,,,,,,A GREAT READ!

THANKS
TRAIL BLAZER

dixoncider
08-07-2010, 04:20 AM
That is a good day of fishing...Thanks for the great report. I will check those jigs out also..

koifish
08-07-2010, 08:11 AM
John, KPN

Good job, nice slaying....

chansen49
08-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Awesome, but was the WD-40 for? lol

Mr.DieHard
08-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I hope to someday have a day like yours. thumbs up.

Swank909
08-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Awesome, but was the WD-40 for? lol
haha good eye

Good job on the water guys, you killed it! That 7lb'er is sexy Farmer John, Congrats on your new PB

TroutOnly
08-07-2010, 09:38 PM
how many limits were on the cleaning station,l counted more than two limits,,,,,,,,,,,just curious,,,,,,,,

FarmerJohn
08-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Good eye T.O.,
Khanh and his brother in-law left some of theirs with me because we used my boat and gas.

kpn
08-08-2010, 10:02 AM
John,
Thank so much for the invite. We had so much fun fishing with friends.
Nice write up.
We should do it again.

how many limits were on the cleaning station,l counted more than two limits,,,,,,,,,,,just curious,,,,,,,,

Bob,
There were 4 of us fishing......We got 4 limit of fish......There were just a little more than 2 limit on the cleaning table....We just took pics of the nice one, more in my ice chest :Wink:.

KPN.

fishinone
08-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Nice write up John.

Thanks for taking time out of your fishing to come pick me up. I had a blast.

"morose code" :LOL: Like the sound the cooler lid was making.

I want to add a little to your story.

This was a wide open slay. I was sitting in the front of the boat giggling, laughing and complaining because I was catching fish so fast on one pole that I couldn't tie a new hook onto the other pole. I caught four fish before I got the new hook tied on. And while this was going on the fish in the cooler were jumping around and the lid kept popping open.

We had the cooler so full at the end of the slay, that, when I opened the lid and threw a fish in, another one jumped out onto the floor as I closed the lid. I grabbed the one from the floor and threw it into the cooler and the one that I had just put in there jumped out before I could close the lid again. We had a good laugh.

Then on the way in, John was making time, because we had stayed as long as possible. He hit a wake, the boat bounced, the lid on the cooler flew open and a bunch of fish came flying out onto the floor. We all just busted up.

Thanks for inviting me :Farmer:John. Khanh, it's always a pleasure. Trung it was nice to meet you, I hope to fish with you again.

fishinone

fisherman from long beach
08-08-2010, 08:36 PM

and this is coming from someone who snags fish.lol.nobody else can have BLOOD on their hands?stop whinning.thers plenty o fish.lol

Native Gal
08-08-2010, 09:36 PM
FJ,
Congrats on your PB!

NG

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-11-2010, 06:03 PM
nice job guys...way ta slay dem feesh....

Let 'em bleed'....let um...bleeed....let 'em bleed yeah....let 'em bleed !

sweet !

congrats on da slayfest !

Gary

trail blazer
08-11-2010, 07:48 PM
and this is coming from someone who snags fish.lol.nobody else can have BLOOD on their hands?stop whinning.thers plenty o fish.lol

WHATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

fflb Dont know what your refering to,MABY your just kidding or something,,,DONT KNOW,,,,B U T,,if your serious you dont know what your talking abought,,,,,,,,,T/O is a true sportsman,,,,,,,,A master fisherMAN ,,,and a all around lawabiding citizen.

ABSOLUTELY no need for him to use unsportsman like teckniques to catch anything,,,,,,,,,He,s a true PRO!

TRAIL BLAZER

Got-to-fish
08-11-2010, 11:46 PM
WOW! I thought I had a good day a few weeks ago! Great job out there, I've got to go back, looks like the big ones are biting!