PDA

View Full Version : ninja BONITA'IN @ da $pot.......................................

FishingNEWBIE82
08-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Attempting to post another report....

Harbor fishing 8/6/10:

On a mi$$ion looking to fill that bucket to da top, I fished the incoming tide from 2pm to 6pm @ da spot. Once again, slayed da bonie$ on small blue and green crocs. Switched it over to fly lining da live smelt (caught off sabiki), and more action. There's a school of about 50 small bonitas in da harbor. Total of 9 bonitas!! (the 3rd pic w/ lots of bonies is from last yr) Thanks for reading!

3/4 TRIP CATALINA 8/1/10:

By the way, did a 3/4 trip last sunday to catalina. Only had the chance to fish for about 3 hours. Wide open bonitas and calicos. Only 1 guy w/ a small yellow on da boat. Slayed da bonies and calico flylining. Bait was terrible, therefore, da fishing wasnt great. Due to da condition of da bait, switched to lighter 12lb setup. Hooked up on a calico, however, as i reeled him in a :EyePop:30-40 LB WHITE SEA BASS:EyePop: came up to da boat and chomped on my calico. That bad boy took da calico straight down and about half my spool before he spit the calico back out. Da calico was chewed up like ive never seen. But ill tell you this, da odds were against me. 12 lb mono on a shimano chronarch against a WSB heading towards da kelp. very unlikey, but atleast we got to see him.

Im scheduled for a 3/4 charter out of dana in a few weeks. Will post another report then. Til than.......... shut up & Fish!!!!!

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish that they are after," ~Henry David Thoreau

troutdog
08-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Good time catching the bonies I'm sure, man that WSB coming up like that must have been a rush...thanks for sharing the adventure!

TD

Swank909
08-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Way to go on the Bonita, Kroc's are tearing it up right now

DockRat
08-07-2010, 05:51 AM
XLNT Slayage.
Yah, and what harbor didn't you say you were at ?
What are you going to do with all that bonito ?
DR

DockRat
08-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Kroc's are tearing it up right now

Not at 5 pm in Redondo. 4 days in a row tossing Krocs fot Nuttin.
DR

fisherman from long beach
08-07-2010, 08:18 AM
nice report,should of took a pic of the calico chewed up.

FishingNEWBIE82
08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
XLNT Slayage.
Yah, and what harbor didn't you say you were at ?
What are you going to do with all that bonito ?
DR

The bonitas are in da freezer. My lady's mom enjoys eating the bonies. I stay away from eating a lot of fish.

FishingNEWBIE82
08-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Yea i shoulda took a pic of da bass. All his spikes (defense mechanism) were mutilated. The bass was short so da deckhand threw it back but i shoulda def took a pic. Im still thinking about dat 40 lb monster that lived to see another day. hahaaaa.
nice report,should of took a pic of the calico chewed up.

smokehound
08-07-2010, 11:46 AM
the bonito get big around there.. I would have chucked a huge krocodile instead of the bait.

Whenever i get those, I replace the hooks with better trebles.

Im gonna save up to hook into some yellowtail sometime soon..