PDA

View Full Version : Sexxombe Algea eredicated

CPT. Kirk
08-06-2010, 09:37 PM
I fished Seccombe this morning around ten a little late to get on the AM bite. I noticed the the algae was not as sever especially on the south west side of the lake was clear. I was only there a short while and had one bite on the spinner blade.
I did see someone there from a Marine Biochemical company he their in a small boat to spray the lake with a chemical that will kill the algae. He also told me that he targets certain types of weeds and grass that choke off the lake and provides little oxygen to the lake. This action will allow the good weeds and grass the produce more oxygen to grow.
I hope it doesn't kill all the weeds. Without the grass line I dont know if I can find the bass.
I also asked about the blue green color found in several of the city park lakes and was informed that it is a dye that helps slows weed growth.

Mrborohachi
08-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I believe blue green color is Blue stone chemical

bman90278
08-09-2010, 04:54 AM
I hope it doesn't kill all the weeds. Without the grass line I dont know if I can find the bass.
I also asked about the blue green color found in several of the city park lakes and was informed that it is a dye that helps slows weed growth.

The blue stone treatment cuts down the sunlight going through the water which slows down plant growth. Not sure what company is doing your lake, but they are usually more worried about the lake looking good, than promoting good fishing. Most probably the company servicing the lake will get rid of most of your weedline.

castle
08-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Thats messed up. Now its going to ruin the surface bass bite.