PDA

View Full Version : This weekend

DHarris
08-06-2010, 04:31 PM
:???:

Hi,

I've been on this forum for a while ever since I met Dana one afternoon while at Bob Sands fishing tackle. I was sad to hear about his passing, he seemed like a wonderful guy.

I usually save my money and do a few big saltwater trips every year but when they're bitting I usualy make some trips down to Irvine for trout.

My girlfriend wants me to take her fishing. I don't think she's ready for tuna so freshwater it is. I've been seeing that the cats are being caught at Irvine and SARL/Corona. While I don't have any gear other than my trout stuff I assume I can either spool up with heavier line or just prepare for a nice fight.

Are any of these lakes still producing trout? If not where is my best bet for my chick to catch some fish?

Sorry if this is long winded but I appreciate any advice I can get from those of you who frequent these lakes.

Thanks!

jonnyfishon
08-06-2010, 06:16 PM
if you want to catch trout this time of year , green valley lake is an ideal choice, I got a 5lber there last week, I also caught various smaller models, but if catfish are your main quarry then sarl/corona ,irvine are your best bets

joetro474
08-06-2010, 06:34 PM
DVL or Perris are Great as well. Pickup a pack of night crawlers and you will catch something.