PDA

View Full Version : A better place than you found it(reposted)

thedeadone
08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
My tip of the month is a simple one, not much to think about or to do.
Its simply this; the next time you are out at your favorite fishing hole take it upon yourself to pick up one piece of trash.It can be a gob of tangled line, an empty bait container, a sinker or maybe an empty potato chip bag that you find half covered in the sand.Pick it up and put it in your tackle box, ice chest or maybe your backpack and then
carry it out with you when you leave.Thats it, thats all there is to it.If we all do this one simple thing, togather we can bring the beauty back to our rivers and lakes one piece at a time.

troutdog
08-05-2010, 09:48 PM
GREAT idea....

TD

Troutman65
08-05-2010, 09:50 PM
GREAT idea....

TD

Ditto !!!!!

murrieta angler
08-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Been doing it for years.
Great Idea!

Techtito
08-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Awesome idea....

old pudd fisher
08-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes lets do it.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-17-2010, 05:37 AM
i ninja fish, so i can't see anything? when day fish i'll pick one up i got four pockets. good stuff bro..

fishmounter
08-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Yes! When I walk the park's lake while bass fishing, I put any trash I find in plastic bags that I keep in my tackle bag. Everyone should especially be on the lookout for old mono fishing line. I have saved several ducks and geese that were tangled up with it.

smokehound
08-20-2010, 04:05 AM
Yes! When I walk the park's lake while bass fishing, I put any trash I find in plastic bags that I keep in my tackle bag. Everyone should especially be on the lookout for old mono fishing line. I have saved several ducks and geese that were tangled up with it.Man Isnt it depressing when you see a mother duck that swallowed a hook that's caring for like 6 ducklings? I saw that at irvine lake.. saw the shank poking out.. one of those eagle-claw 6 inch leaders.. Poor thing..

I feel really sad when I see things in the channel that just shouldnt be in there.. Shopping carts, Bikes, clothing...

I DID get hope during one visit-- Some awesome human being decided to haul that old bike outta there. Saw it in the trash. Whoever did that is awesome.