http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0804ShtRpt10P2.jpg

chris273
08-05-2010, 03:10 PM
thanks for the always informative post like always keep it up thanks chris

murrieta angler
08-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Howdy Ron,
Nice report for a half day trip.
I wish the waters would get up to high 60's so I can start to get some pelagics close to land here.
Take Care and Thanks,
Robert

Big Kahuna
08-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey Japan Ron:
Have you ever been to the Sansui tackle shop in Tokyo? The Japanese Bass mags in your write-up reminded me of the shop in Shibuya. The stores sell everything imaginable for fishing.
Big Kahuna

E.A.R.G.
08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Always a good read Japan Ron,

Also, I been to that tackle store. It's almost a block long haha. They own was it, 4-5 3 story buildings? Its a fisherman's heaven.

ghetto dad
08-06-2010, 08:59 AM
GREAT report JR!!! Thanks man!! LMFAO @ that wingnut!!!

JapanRon
08-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi chris273,

Thanks. Gonna do more of these halfers in the next month. Good thing is the AM ride won't experience the PM blow !!

JapanRon

JapanRon
08-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

Thanks. Yes, I've had to go to two pages as folks were wanting the photos bigger.

JapanRon

JapanRon
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Big Kahuna,

Ha ha ha I used to haunt those places. Tokyo Met ...... they have more kamei-ten's (associates) and actual shiten's (branches) than one can shake a stick at in outlying areas and surrounding prefectures. We had a bunch in Kanagawa too but I liked to patronize independants as they were also my customers for imported gear. Loved it when they had whole stores just dedicated to one type of fishing but 2 or 3 buildings within sight of each other !! The original shop was in Shibuya and was first dedicated to flyfishing way back !!

Ya ...... natsukashii ohanashi ..... (sigh !!)

JapanRon

CPT. Kirk
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
great report the water temp is still on the cold 56 degrees compared to the 70 degress inside of NPH. I took the 1/2 day out of Newport yesterday with my 16 year old son inspired bt Ghetto Dad on the Amigo. Not much happening several small Cudas (no keepers), A calico or two, a few sculpin, a cou[ple of tree bass and a couple Sand bass. One guy to manage a good size Guitar fish.
The fishing was slow but I did have a good time the Captain and the crew where very attentive to the needs of the anglers on board just couldnt get the fish to bite.
i did manage to get lucky with the jackpot Sand bass.
overall I had a good time on the water spending a day with my Son.
I'm sorry I have no photos to share. I will have to a better job on my next trip.

JapanRon
08-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi E.A.R.G.,

I did a survey of Japanese tackle stores in Japan about 2 years ago and the expansion boom had died down a bit. On Bassing .... independants (although always been very strong) were putting quite a dent in that market. Now, Used tackle dealers are eating into their market share. Proof if this is that the Bass mags don't have the big-boys full or multi-page ads like the saltwater and general fishing mags do. Gotta figure the internet is killin' the brick and mortar shops too !!

Glad I'm out of the business ... the small-timer that I was ...... as it has to be tough.

JapanRon

JapanRon
08-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Hi ghetto dad,

Yes, I watched those guys fishing and indeed the drag worked fairly smoothly. Made a funny noise like when you sharpen something on a grinding wheel ! Ouch !! :( I'll bet some teflon washers or even nylon washers would inprove their improvasation !! Those threads gotta be messed up in the future,

JapanRon

JapanRon
08-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi CPT. kirk,

Great job as the report tells one all an angler would need to know ...... and more importantly ... what to expect !!

Thanks,

JapanRon