PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Creek Canyon???

chappy23us
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM
The wife, kids (3 and 4) and I are taking a spur of the moment camping trip and are planning on tent camping in the Bishop Creek area. We are leaving early Thursday and plan on returning Sunday or Monday. Anybody have any recommendations on campgrounds and a place where the kids and wife can take a shower? I usually stay in a trailer at Convict but money is a little tight and the kids have been bugging to go tent camping. I am not too familiar with the fishing at South Lake (how is the shore fishing and areas to fish?), North Lake (no clue), Lake Sabrina (how long to walk to inlets) and Bishop Creek. Any help would be appreciated.

bass951
08-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Great fishing at South Lake.I usually stay at camp Jefferies.You can freeze your fish at the restaurant/market down the road.clear cast-a-bubble and a royal coachman fly,you will catch more fish than you want.

SierraPeaks
08-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Shore fishing can be great at all the lakes up there. Just a matter of right time...right place. Hiking to the inlet at Sabrina takes about an hour...maybe a little less. But with kids....who knows how long...right ? As far as showers, I don't know if Parchers has showers except for cabin rentals. I've never looked into that. There is a laundromat in Bishop where you can shower. It's a block off main street to the west and just north of Line Street. I've grabbed a shower there before the long ride home and it sure makes the drive a lot more comfortable.

billy b
08-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Parcher's sells showers. I believe their might be info on their web site.

SierraPeaks
08-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Parcher's sells showers. I believe their might be info on their web site.

Thanks Billy...that's good info for down the road.
A clean fisherman is a happy fisherman.

chappy23us
08-04-2010, 10:48 PM
thanks for the help guys. We will be leaving early in the morning and I still dont know where we are gonna end up. All I can say is that it is gonna be somewhere between Bishop and Bridgeport. I will post a report when we get back.

SierraPeaks
08-05-2010, 12:35 AM
thanks for the help guys. We will be leaving early in the morning and I still dont know where we are gonna end up. All I can say is that it is gonna be somewhere between Bishop and Bridgeport. I will post a report when we get back.

Well that opens up a whole other region of campsites. Not to mention 2 different counties and about 100 miles of territory.