PDA

View Full Version : Cerritos Regional @ night early morning?

dfisher
08-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Not used to this lake or surroundings but wanted to fish it after work around 1-2am at night. Anyone know how the cops here are if they saw me fishing at this time? I remember back in the day 10 years ago the sheriffs used to be pricks.

Also do they patrol the parking lot, I don't see any side street parking I can park at.

shy_boxer
08-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Dfisher be warned...I got a ticket there a couple of years ago for fishing after hours! This female sheriff was on one! She kept asking me if I had weapons and drugs. In which I replied no! She then ask me what was I doing here? When clearly I had a fishing rod and a tackle bag on me. She fully checked me and my tackle pack not once but twice! The sheriff was a rookie straight out of the prison system! Man, she was a F******(BLEEP)!!! Given the fact on how she treated me. She could of just given me the ticket. Instead of acting like pacman in Colors. I think I infuriated her by telling her I got plastic worms and smelly jelly she could get high on! That was no bueno!

I respect peace officers being that a few of my friends are cops and I really feel some are really out there to help people, but I really feel there are alot of bad apples these days!

Prior I have had a couple of cool sheriffs actually ask me how the fishing was at Cerritos? But that was a few years ago. Now with all the budget cuts and financial difficulties california is having. I am sure that the most police are gonna give you a ticket to generate city/state revenue! Just my 2 cents!

P.S. the ticket was $50 but with all the court fees and other b/s fees the ticket cost me like $221
Be Ninja about going to any local parks! I know I am from now on!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-04-2010, 02:02 AM
hey fish hit the marinas for sure hits...cerritos is questionable...

dfisher
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
thanks shyboxer, how come you have to pay court fees? It isn't a regular ticket you just send payment too? That sucks ... I guess I will have to go ninja status.. but that park looks like there is no cover to run or hide too(just in case).

BGH - Marinas?

shy_boxer
08-04-2010, 05:00 PM
thanks shyboxer, how come you have to pay court fees? It isn't a regular ticket you just send payment too? That sucks ... I guess I will have to go ninja status.. but that park looks like there is no cover to run or hide too(just in case).

BGH - Marinas?

I don't know! I had to appear in court but I never saw a judge. I just went up to the window to pay for my citation and the clerk just told me to pay $221!! I was like whoa! But she explained court fees plus other fees! I dont really remember exactly but I paid my ticket and got outta there! Ninja status is good! You are right about Cerritos! There is no cover and you are pretty much a sitting duck! Good luck!

Hoshnasi
08-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Not used to this lake or surroundings but wanted to fish it after work around 1-2am at night. Anyone know how the cops here are if they saw me fishing at this time? I remember back in the day 10 years ago the sheriffs used to be pricks.

Also do they patrol the parking lot, I don't see any side street parking I can park at.

Back in May I was fishing at about 2am. I parked in the main lot. Cop came and I could see him shining lights in my car looking for people, so I quickly packed up (before he called the tow truck) and made like I was leaving. He called me over, wife in tow and asked if I had knew the park closed at 10:00pm I said "No, I got here after dark and didn't see the signs. I just moved to Cerritos."
He asked for my ID and after writing down my info in his book said "I'll let you off this time, but follow the rules on the signs. Parking lot closes at 10:00pm."

I think I got off lucky after talking to other anglers its obvious they can be MUCH worse. At the same time though there have been others that have been surprised by wardens while fishing a 2am only to be asked "Catch anything?" and then the warden was gone. lol.

Two recomendations aside from leaving at 10:00pm.
1. Ride your bike, take the aquaduct bike path if you need to get away.
2. Park in the residential across the main lot. (more risky though)

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Back in May I was fishing at about 2am. I parked in the main lot. Cop came and I could see him shining lights in my car looking for people, so I quickly packed up (before he called the tow truck) and made like I was leaving. He called me over, wife in tow and asked if I had knew the park closed at 10:00pm I said "No, I got here after dark and didn't see the signs. I just moved to Cerritos."
He asked for my ID and after writing down my info in his book said "I'll let you off this time, but follow the rules on the signs. Parking lot closes at 10:00pm."

I think I got off lucky after talking to other anglers its obvious they can be MUCH worse. At the same time though there have been others that have been surprised by wardens while fishing a 2am only to be asked "Catch anything?" and then the warden was gone. lol.

Two recomendations aside from leaving at 10:00pm.
1. Ride your bike, take the aquaduct bike path if you need to get away.
2. Park in the residential across the main lot. (more risky though)

i call bullshi7 or just bad luck..that ish never happened to me...

Hoshnasi
08-18-2010, 04:10 PM
i call bullshi7 or just bad luck..that ish never happened to me...

Bullshit on the cop in the parking lot? Believe me I wish I could of kept fishing for another two hours.

dfisher
08-18-2010, 04:52 PM
I think ill stay away. I remember cerritos sheriffs being pricks.

CL SmooV
08-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Its all about timing I guess. I live near echo, and the cops over there are cool.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-18-2010, 10:25 PM
I guess the cops don't wanna mess with big dogs like us smooth...lol

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-18-2010, 10:27 PM
bullshit on the cop in the parking lot? Believe me i wish i could of kept fishing for another two hours.

i was jus messin about the bs part, but ive never gotten kicked out of there and when i lived in the oc i used to ninja cats over there may twice a week...