PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on The Pud Please Help.

BlinkyTheFish
08-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I have never fished The Pud even though I live like 10 minutes from it. I am taking a bunch of kids from a daycare fishing on Thursday 8/5/2010 and dont want them to get skunked on what will be most of their first times fishing.

Things I would like to know:
1: What kind of bait should we be using?
2: How should I rig the bait?
3: Where a good spot to fish @ The Pud is?
4: Would anyone like to join us?

Thanks for reading my post.

Thisfool
08-03-2010, 08:59 PM
well i have not had much luck at the pud at all but i usually try to catch bass.

i would say you should go after the blue gill.

pick up a bunch of mill worms and wax worm. bait holder hooks bobbers and light line

the pud is loaded with blue gill and they are every where so try around any pier bush or tree in or hanging over the water.

the pud also has tones of carp so bring some corn on a salmon egg hook with one split shot weight about 16" up from the hook and once again use light line.

all this can be picked up at Wal-Mart for really cheap but i would go to a pet shop for the mill worms and wax worms they are usually cheaper and you get way more of them but not at one of the major pet shop chain stores they will be just as much.

all these fish are bait and wait so your going to have to keep all the kids from reeling in ever 2 seconds but there are plenty of birds to chase and trees to climb so that should help

BlinkyTheFish
08-03-2010, 09:05 PM
That sounds like really good advice thank you very much. The pet shop thing is a good idea I never thought of it.

Thisfool
08-03-2010, 09:12 PM
yea i have reptiles and i was spending like 10cents each at petco but then i realized at this small pet shop it was like a 1.50 for a scoop of mill worms and each scoop is like way more then 15

BlinkyTheFish
08-03-2010, 09:15 PM
LOL is it on Hacienda next to Dominos Pizza? I see youre from LP. Thats where I get my pet fish from.

Thisfool
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL is it on Hacienda next to Dominos Pizza? I see youre from LP. Thats where I get my pet fish from.

OMG YES IT IS lol

BlinkyTheFish
08-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Haha I knew it. I like that pet shop they are always nice there.

Thisfool
08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
ya they are but sometimes i dont like the way they keep the reptiles its completly unhealthy for them but luckly they allways seem to sale them fairly fast well except for the iguannas

BlinkyTheFish
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah I agree. I don't care for the way they keep the birds either.

Thisfool
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
o yea if i had the money i would buy that one big one they have in the cage near the reptiles just to get it out of there

BlinkyTheFish
08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
That bird has been there forever. Or they keep replacing it.

smokehound
08-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Aw man, i cant stand reptiles not being cared for properly..

it makes me sick to my stomach... petco caught alot of heat for that in the past, too.

There's this one place near me that took absolute terrible care of it's animals.. And tons of them were wild caught, and illegally smuggled in. They got shut down after they were caught selling animals without a breeder's permit.

It was worse than the Anaheim Swap-Meet petstore. Jeez...

TonyLisa
08-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Things I would like to know:
1: What kind of bait should we be using? since your taking kids go for bluegills there easier to catch then most fish, use mill worms or wax worms or use the fly fishing flies

2: How should I rig the bait? bobber, or a dropshot type rig but with a little leader sticking out

3: Where a good spot to fish @ The Pud is? swim area/ east shore

4: Would anyone like to join us? i might see you there