PDA

View Full Version : local trout fishing?

kingfish2
08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
im trying to find a place to fish for trout this time of year without driving up to the sierras. jackson lake? any help or any ideas where to go thats close to the high desert.

Piss on Myspace
08-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Jackson Lake? really bro?...f' that rinkadink pond and head up in the San Bernardino Mtns. All depends on how much u feel like spending tho. Big Bear is fairly large, free from shore, and is going off on the fly. Continuing towards Redlands on HWY 38, theres JENKS. Absolutely gorgeous little 5 acre lake, that would proly be wiiiidddeee open if your a tuber. Fishing is free w/ a license, but there is a $5 vehicle fee. Theres always Silverwood, but id bet money that there holding deep now. You may also want to try GVL next to Arrowhead. $15 i believe... never been there. Heard conflicting stories, but i DO know they got some bruisers in there. Im also in the HD so if you decide on GVL, hit me up!

Gluck man

xjdesertfox
08-03-2010, 08:18 AM
jackson lake is ALWAYS wide open if you dont feel like driving the 110+ miles from the high desert to big bear.

hell, assuming you live in palmdale/lancaster, you might as well drive to the sierras instead of bear. its only 70 miles more to bishop.

MAN VS WILD
08-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Green valley is good just give gthem a call to see when they stock. Jess Ranch in Apple Valley is year round and always good

Piss on Myspace
08-09-2010, 12:36 AM
1st off: 110+ miles from Victorville to Big Bear???? WTF? if that were true, why would i offer that as being close to the HD? check your sources, try bout 50 miles...hour and ten minutes...if u go to jenks, add another 30. secondly, Jackson lake is more like a 20 foot swimming pool (only on half the lake tho, other than that its about 5 ft due to the extensive weed line) and practically always gets fished out within a few days of the stocking....... and obviously jess ranch is an option, but would be a slow bite during the heat of the day with the 100 deg temps, fantastic during the winter tho...id head up in the mountains...escape the heat.....watch for snakes and bring bug spray!!!!!

LASTCAST
08-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I would Give bbl a try. I've got my limt there the last three times I been.

tacklejunkie
08-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Jackson is a goldfish craphole. Don't support that place. I wouldn't even eat anything I caught in there for certain. Place is so small and so many people swimming in there in summer you're almost guaranteed a disease or something.

I don't go to lakes to fish trout in Socal. *hint hint*
I also don't eat trout I catch in Socal.

Trout Kahuna
08-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Green Valley Lake is a decent option. Fish near the dam (far side seems better). Go really early 5am to get your spot. I used salmon peach PB and caught a couple small trouts. They also have crappie in there if trout fishing is slow. You will see huge teaser trout swiming near the shore line but wont bite. They are still stocking the lake with trout on a weekly basis. Cost $15. Good luck!

smokinflies
08-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Take the drive to Green Valley Lake. It's worth the drive. :Wink:

I pulled out nothing less than a lb during my last visit there and it was "fish on!!!" all day long. :Envious:

And like TK said, get there early.

2jackedLUNGS
08-09-2010, 03:55 PM
big bear lake. its worth the drive. if youre fishing from shore just try to get as close to the dam as possible. try garlic PB, worked like a charm for me last month. my buddies were just up there a week ago and they caught 10+.

JAG107
08-09-2010, 06:32 PM
You could also try Hemet, it's a bit more of a drive than BBL but they got the bows there, and it's not too costly to get in. I think $18 or so for boat launch, vehicle fee and 2 people.
I've tried BBL half assedly from the dam shore and haven't had any luck on lures, worms or PB. Maybe I needed to head east?
And what's wrong with eating a socal trout? I probably ate 40 of em last year, and I'm still alive and never had the sprays. Good times! Go get em!

Cameron
08-10-2010, 07:23 AM
or u can try ur luck on the streams up here in the san berdu mts.Santa Ana River off the 38 or Deep Creek just east of arrowhead.

Trout 1
08-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Jackson Lake? really bro?...f' that rinkadink pond and head up in the San Bernardino Mtns. All depends on how much u feel like spending tho. Big Bear is fairly large, free from shore, and is going off on the fly. Continuing towards Redlands on HWY 38, theres JENKS. Absolutely gorgeous little 5 acre lake, that would proly be wiiiidddeee open if your a tuber. Fishing is free w/ a license, but there is a $5 vehicle fee. Theres always Silverwood, but id bet money that there holding deep now. You may also want to try GVL next to Arrowhead. $15 i believe... never been there. Heard conflicting stories, but i DO know they got some bruisers in there. Im also in the HD so if you decide on GVL, hit me up!

Gluck man

You should hit up GVL man!!! Its off the hook most of the time on jigs and lures....

Trout 1