PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe Anyone?

jurupakid
08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Has anyone fished tahoe recently, and/or recommend any lakes/streams to fish up there?

SierraPeaks
08-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Has anyone fished tahoe recently, and/or recommend any lakes/streams to fish up there?

Seriously...if you're going to fish Tahoe...pay the extra few bucks and do a charter.
The lake is so massive...the only way to really have any success is to go with a guide that fishes it regurarly. Otherwise...you can spend 2 weeks throwing lures at nothing but crystal blue waters.

Even the smaller lakes, like Fallen Leaf, are bigger than most lakes in many states. But if you don't want to go the charter route...I'd suggest Carson Pass....and fishing Caples and Silver Lake.

billy b
08-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Depends where you are and how far you want to drive. If you're near the South end ... Cali end ... I may have a suggestion or two ... pm me.

jurupakid
08-03-2010, 06:28 AM
Yea i definitely am considering a charter, do you recommend an good guides out their?

Mike274
08-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Tahoe = deeeeeep and cold. That's the kind fishing we don't see the likes of in most of the U.S. Heck, a lot of times they troll at 100ft to catch fish. Even in the Sierras 7 colors of lead core is deep and that's really only 35 feet.

Mike

SierraPeaks
08-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Yea i definitely am considering a charter, do you recommend an good guides out their?

Contact Gene St. Dennis at Blue Ribbon Charters (530) 544-6552
They're the best and will take care of your every need.