PDA

View Full Version : Crawdads

Monkeerow
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey all, I'm heading up to mammoth area this weekend. Anyone know of a solid spot to catch some crawdads? I got a trap and some old fish fillets. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Guest Who
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Bishop creek has some...a guy a month ago posted as part of his report how he and his friends caught a ton in knee deep water. Also I've seen a ton on the rocky dam at PVR.

Beancounter
08-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Gull Lake in the June Lake Loop area has some pretty nice ones.
All I know is, DON'T leave your trap unattended...someone ripped us off on our trip last June.
Kind of a bummer, as I thought most people were trustworthy...oh well, live and learn.

JoeA
08-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Hey all, I'm heading up to mammoth area this weekend. Anyone know of a solid spot to catch some crawdads? I got a trap and some old fish fillets. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

The traps you use for the Crawdad's, are they purchased or do you make them. I am use to purchasing them in Louisiana by the sack full

greg
08-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I purchase a few traps from www.terrybullard.com (http://www.terrybullard.com) :Wink:

I drop them off in the evening in the Starkweather, June Loop or PVR after loading them with guts plus trout heads and pick up the traps in the morning. The last time I did this, I had my small ice chest full of crayfish. Boiled them for 15 minutes then served steaming hot. Enough for 8 hungry guys...