PDA

View Full Version : camping at crowley??

kaiyasdad
08-02-2010, 05:21 PM
anyone ever camp here? was thinking about going up wed-sat. always stay in a condo in mammoth but since its just me and my kid was thinking about it. i am gonna take him float tubing for the first time and i usually only fish crowley, usually later on in the fall. thanks.

SierraPeaks
08-03-2010, 10:55 AM
I would think twice about camping at Crowley right now. It's OK early in the season...but in the middle of summer....with no shade anywhere...it can be a very uncomfortable outing. You might want to think about McGee Creek Campground across the highway and a thousand feet higher up. There are a couple sites with aspens for shade and the rest have covers over the tables for shade.

kaiyasdad
08-03-2010, 02:27 PM
I would think twice about camping at Crowley right now. It's OK early in the season...but in the middle of summer....with no shade anywhere...it can be a very uncomfortable outing. You might want to think about McGee Creek Campground across the highway and a thousand feet higher up. There are a couple sites with aspens for shade and the rest have covers over the tables for shade.

thanks for the info. i was able to get a spot, the lst one at mcgee creek campground. kinda spur of the moment, but i didnt think it would be so hard to get a campsite.

SierraPeaks
08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Good luck.
Looking forward to your report.

golfish
08-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Any of the camps above Toms Place are good to go. I stay at French camp just above Toms Place a lot just because its close to the 395. They have really good food at the cafe, showers ($$$) and a store.