PDA

View Full Version : Sea Biscuit to San Nicolas Island on 8/1 Overnight

Mojave River Angler
08-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Fishing Report for 8/1/2010 San Nicolas Island on the Sea Biscuit (Overnight) from Channel Island Sportfishing
We left Channel Island Harbor about 10:15pm the night before. Good seas on the way out. Work up early and started fishing off the coast of San Nicolas as the sun was coming up. Our first few drifts turned up a bunch of Halibut for others on the boat. It was good to see them since the WSB were not around. Once the current changed they moved on and so did we. It just wasn’t my turn for a halibut I guess. Spent the rest of the day snatching up all manner of rock fish and most on the boat got Lings as well. This trip was my first real shot at halibut and lings. The only ling I brought up was a keeper. There were a number of shorts that came up for others. My brother didn’t get a ling or halibut but got a nice collection of rock fish for dinner. We hope the lotto treats us better next time. Weather was cold and overcast until midday. Afternoon was just warm enough for shirts until we started the trek home. We got back to the landing at about 7:30pm.
Captain and crew of the Sea Biscuit were on the ball and the fish. They provided us with good opportunity for the day.

murrieta angler
08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Good honest report with pics.
Keep up the good work MRA.
Robert

JapanRon
08-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi Mojave River Angler,

Excellent basic report ......... much appreciate the effort !!

Await your next trip !!

JapanRon

Fishbones
08-03-2010, 10:23 AM
congrats on the trip and thanks for sharing.

Señor.Chilax
08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Nice day of fishing. I have a little question... The picture with the guy holding the rockfish, the last fish to the left on the first row, What kind of fish is that?

Mojave River Angler
08-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Sand Dab. We ended up with one each on this trip. Funny what you can catch on a #2/0.

ghetto dad
08-06-2010, 08:58 AM
NIce report brother!! oh i MISS San Nic....I used to do a LOT of charters out there!! fish the jig ALL day and slay the RF and lings....