PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Any news for a future Bass Tournament? and Thanks too

fish ful
08-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Jimmy, on behalf of my buddy thanks for loaning us the worms since we forgot to grab ours. That is what makes the staff at Irvine stand above the rest. They want to see you catch fish and they will go out of the way to help you.

So any news on getting a night Bass Tournament going? Would be fun to get out for an afternoon to evening/nite event going. Something like 5pm to 11pm? 3 fish limit with a big bass option? Just an idea. the last event was great.

MAVERICK27
08-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I second the motion! Let us know when there's another one planned!

fish ful
08-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Or if some guys just want to meet up at the lake one day. Toss some money in and do our own little event would be cool. all we would need is a scale, some paper and a watch. Just for fun. Not big bucks but something to make it interesting. Any ideas or comments?

MAVERICK27
08-04-2010, 07:11 PM
I sense an unofficial FNN members bass tourney at the vine!! Maybe we can get some prizes donated

Jimmy, on behalf of my buddy thanks for loaning us the worms since we forgot to grab ours. That is what makes the staff at Irvine stand above the rest. They want to see you catch fish and they will go out of the way to help you.

So any news on getting a night Bass Tournament going? Would be fun to get out for an afternoon to evening/nite event going. Something like 5pm to 11pm? 3 fish limit with a big bass option? Just an idea. the last event was great.

CALFISHER4EVR
08-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I will go for it!!!

fish ful
08-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Prizes would be a nice bonus. I will see if i can find a date that works and let everyone know date and time. we can meet at the lake. go over some basic rules and catch some fish.

i was thinking of 3 places paid. 1st-50% purse 2nd-30% and 3rd get 20% with the big bass winner take all? Just thinking out loud. Any suggestions? :???:

MAVERICK27
08-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Perfect! You find the date that will draw some people and I'll work on additional prizes. How about the first annual Irvine Lake Open? All are invited. Perhaps the Vine can donate the entry fee so that it can go to the pot instead??

xjdesertfox
08-05-2010, 11:03 AM
just dont make it the same date as castaic moonlight, like the last FNN irvine event was =p

MAVERICK27
08-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Preston, make a thread for this to get the word out and check for People interested

fish ful
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
posted it. lets see how much interest we get.

fish ful
08-05-2010, 02:01 PM
just dont make it the same date as castaic moonlight, like the last FNN irvine event was =p

when is the castaic moonlight event?

xjdesertfox
08-05-2010, 02:03 PM
the 14th i believe.

VineAssist
08-05-2010, 04:04 PM
We are in the works of having another bass tournament this summer season. I will be able to post more details in the very near future. I am also working on a tournament schedule for next year.

fish ful
08-05-2010, 04:27 PM
thanks Jimmy. I see that US Anglers Choice will be adding Irvine to the event schedule for next year. 2011 Hope they limit the # of boats. Should be fun!

VineAssist
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Fish Ful-
I do believe they will limit the number of boats for the US Anglers Choice tournaments. I have spoken to both Bill Hutcenson and the tournament director Brian Linehan. Both of them view this as a unique opportunity to start a serious bass trial at Irvine Lake. With that being said I do believe this year Irvine will be part of the Inland Empire region which would include Diamond Valley, and Perris. Should be very intresting.
And in regards to loaning you the worms. It was my pleasure. I am still getting a few on them and the jig. And also a secret big bait as well.

fish ful
08-10-2010, 12:28 PM
thanks Jimmy. it will be great to have some events on a regular basis at the vine. i saw the post for the ironman type event on another site. i will paste the info here and maybe Brian can put a official thread for it later. i will be there for sure. here is the info for the ironman. thanks Preston

from Brian it US Anglers Choice:
Hey guys-

I'll be running a special event at Irvine Lake on Saturday, September 25 that I think you guys are going to like. There isn't anything else going on this weekend and it's a few weeks before the TOC's so I think we should get a good turnout. The event will feature a uniquely modified "Ironman" format and should be a blast. Also, the bite at Irvine should be really good!!!

The tournament will start at 6:30 am and we'll start weighing in at 11:30 am. 5 fish limit.

Barbecue immediately after weigh in.

Segment #2 of the "Ironman" will start around 1:30 pm and we'll start weighing in around 6:30 pm. 5 fish limit.

The cumulative weight for 10 fish will determine the winners.

It was important to keep the overall cost of the event low to appeal to the masses so we decided that the total including all lake and launch fees is $200. For those of you who want options, we'll be doing that separately at the lake. However, for $200, you are "all-in."

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Brian (714) 580-4088