PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire 8/1/10

Ifishtoolittle
08-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Well today was pretty slow for everything and I do mean everything. Sand and Calico Bass bite was spotty, but for those who stuck it out they were rewarded with decent 2lbers. The areas we fished were primarily around the SMB and a short stop at Malibu. The bait of choice live squid, yes live squid, I could not believe it either. As far as other fish caught there were several Bat Rays, Sheephead, Tomcod, Mackerel, Sculpin, and a few small rockfish from the kelp.

Overall fishing was decent, but I chose to neglect the oh so popular Turd roller for Macs on a Kastmaster :D. Man it was like a downsized version of iron fishing, loads of fun, and pretty much WFO. Then again when isn't Mackerel fishing on a Moo Moo WFO? One more thing, for anyone who loves catching any kind of fish like myself I would always advise you to bring a 6lb or 8lb set-up just incase fishing for the target species is spotty.

I didn't take many pics, so this is all I have for you guys.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/DSCF0270.jpg
Spanish Mac

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/DSCF0271.jpg
Average size of the live squid

Here's the fish count for 38 anglers
34 SAND BASS, 2 CALICO BASS,
12 SCULPIN, 10 ROCK FISH, 1 SHEEP HEAD.

-IF2L

JapanRon
08-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi Ifishtoolittle,

Musta been a nice day out on the water too.

Thanks,

JapanRon

E.A.R.G.
08-01-2010, 11:36 PM
LIVE SQUID ON A MOOMOO?!?!
wowwwww

Ifishtoolittle
08-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Ifishtoolittle,

Musta been a nice day out on the water too.

Thanks,

JapanRon

Yeah it was great weather, calm seas, and good service. They all made up for spotty fishing.

Ifishtoolittle
08-02-2010, 08:48 AM
wowwwww

That was exactly how I felt when I noticed something different about the bait tanks.

Fishbones
08-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the report,

wowwwww

X2.,.,nice.