PDA

View Full Version : Netting fish for Khanh on Saturday.

fishinone
08-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I fished on Saturday with the famous KPN, TWICE.

Khanh and I fished Castaic on Saturday, we were bright and early.

We met TrailBlazer and his brothers at Gallion's then enjoyed talking to them again in line and a couple of times out on the lake.

We met Seng and some of the PanFish Crew on the boat ramp. They were looking for some insight on the bite but I really didn't have any at the time, so I just joked around.

Khanh and I went looking for boils first thing but didn't find them. They must be boiling somewhere.

We stopped in Elizabeth Canyon on a spot where I had hopped to find some striper. We were getting some light kinda odd hits until Khanh finally caught one of the awful green by-catch.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%20Bait-n-wait%20with%20Khanh%20%206-29-2010/IMG00052-20100731-0723.jpg
I asked Khanh to hold it up with one of the sardines that he caught it on. The fish was safely released.

If anybody is looking for some of those green by-catch, the left side of Elizabeth Canyon just past the buoy was covered over in them.

We moved down the lake checking likely spots both popular and unknown. We didn't find what we were looking for. In one spot we did see a school of active fish but they were micro-dinks and we kept going.

We wound up at the buoy line with a steady steam of fish on the finder. The bite was still really tough, the fish would touch the bait and often wouldn't touch it again.

Khanh picked up 2 schoolies before we pulled up stakes at noon due to afternoon commitments.

I planned to return in the evening with my son Caleb and was claiming that I wasn't skunked yet.

After I ate lunch I was kicked back in the recliner relaxing while Caleb wrestled with me, when I got a call from LoweBoat. He was jazzed! He and Wayne were well on there way to limits with an 8 and 5 lb-er in the boat. Congrats LB on the big fish.

I gave Khanh a call and told him about the hot bite. We made arrangements to meet again at Gallion's Market. Khanh was jazzed when I picked him up. He had talked to Trailblazer at Gallion's. TB and his brothers had limited out and were headed home.

So we got back out there and anchored up near LoweBoat and Wayne while they told us that the bite had fizzled.

LoweBoat and Wayne put 20 in the boat and headed home a little after 6:00. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Well it hadn't completely fizzled, Khanh caught fish on a slow bite while I missed fish. I don't know what was going on. I'd get a bite but as soon as I touched the pole the fish would leave it alone. When I did get one to swim with it I'd swing and reel up half a bait. Khanh never missed a strike but when I picked up his pole while he reeled in another fish I manged to miss one on his pole.

That kept up until 6:40 when I finally hooked and landed a fish. That's a little too long to wait to get the skunk off, but it was on then! the bite was wide open again. We were getting bit around the boat I got a fish and hadn't rebaited that pole when we got a double, before we could get those fish out of the net Khahn got another on his other pole.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%20Bait-n-wait%20with%20Khanh%20%206-29-2010/IMG00053-20100731-2016.jpg
Here's a picture of the fish hold at the end of the day.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%20Bait-n-wait%20with%20Khanh%20%206-29-2010/IMG00054-20100731-2019.jpg
Here's Khanh's cooler on his way home.

Thanks Khanh for waiting so long for me to break my skunk.

I did get to break in my new clear rubber landing net right, "Landing fish for Khanh.":LOL:

P.S. T/O, I don't think your scarecrow is working.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%20Bait-n-wait%20with%20Khanh%20%206-29-2010/IMG00051-20100729-1621.jpg
This is a picture that LoweBoat and I took on Thursday.

trail blazer
08-01-2010, 03:42 PM
NICEEEEEEEEEEEE

Great job guys,,,,,,,was GREAT seeing you there,,,,,had a blast out there.

Right when you guys pulled up ankr my bro hooked our 1st fish and it was on after that!!

great that you guys got to make it back and SLAYYYYYY

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
08-01-2010, 03:44 PM
way to go guys

fishinone
08-01-2010, 06:33 PM
NICEEEEEEEEEEEE

Great job guys,,,,,,,was GREAT seeing you there,,,,,had a blast out there.

Right when you guys pulled up ankr my bro hooked our 1st fish and it was on after that!!

great that you guys got to make it back and SLAYYYYYY

TRAIL BLAZER

Thanks Scott,

We knew they were turning on when we were leaving. We were pulling up and the fish finder started telling a different story.

way to go guys

Thanks CutBait,

Khahn was the man out there yesterday. I was like a fishing Kaddie.

CAPT'N
08-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Glad you avoided the dreaded Castaic Walk of Shame!

Capt'n

TroutOnly
08-01-2010, 09:12 PM
WHERES THE PIC OF THE BASS ON THE BBQ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,KAHN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Fishbones
08-02-2010, 08:56 AM
sometimes you slay them sometimes you skunk, congrats on beating the skunk Ron, and khahn keep up the slay.

kpn
08-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Ron,
Thank so much for the invite. I had so much fun out there catching fish :LOL:. It was my lucky day I guess......
It was the longest time I can remember for you did not catch any fish until 6.40pm...Usually you always have a good start.
We should do it again bro.

TO.......The greenback BBQ scene was hiding away from the camera :Envious:.

KPN.

fishinone
08-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Glad you avoided the dreaded Castaic Walk of Shame!

Capt'n

sometimes you slay them sometimes you skunk, congrats on beating the skunk Ron, and khahn keep up the slay.

Thankks Alex. It's fun when you're the one putting on the show. Khanh was getting every fish. I finally said "Oh come on! You could at least miss one!

I did get to break in the new net.

WHERES THE PIC OF THE BASS ON THE BBQ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,KAHN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

LMB taste bad CPR is a natural with those things.

Ron,
Thank so much for the invite. I had so much fun out there catching fish :LOL:. It was my lucky day I guess......
It was the longest time I can remember for you did not catch any fish until 6.40pm...Usually you always have a good start.
We should do it again bro.

TO.......The greenback BBQ scene was hiding away from the camera :Envious:.

KPN.

OK, Next time you can net my fish. :lol:

You can't BBQ one of those in my boat. You could ruin the whole boat.

Seriously, A lesson once in awhile is good for me.