PDA

View Full Version : Ticket on bouy line

Lowe Boat
07-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Today the Sheriff anounced that any boat touching the bouy line will be cited. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT TIED TO IT!!!.
When I was on the main ramp preparing to go home, a boater told me he and two other boaters were cited.
Save yourself some money: DON'T TOUCH TO THE BOUY LINE.
Watch the wind. It can push the bouy line to come in contact with you.
Be safe don't give anyone a reason to give you a ticket.

cutbait
08-01-2010, 03:17 AM
Did Trailblazer ruin for everybody again?

How was the fishing?

dixoncider
08-01-2010, 08:41 AM
thanks for the info...I saw them writing down CF numbers on Friday..

Fishbones
08-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Man this is a bummer..

thanks for the info...I saw them writing down CF numbers on Friday..

they do that to keep track of the warnings they give,
and on next run around if your still in "violation" they ticket you....

Lowe Boat
08-01-2010, 11:41 AM
The sheriff was Not giving any warnings---Just tickets.
The fishing was excellent on Saturday.

SDDave
08-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Just like Pyramid, the Boys love there Bouys, to bad they can't spend more time targeting the lake lice...

Eat Sleep Fish
08-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Castaic Lake "lifegaurds", sherrifs, and other "law enforcers" can blow me....leave the god dam fisherman alone and get after the people who are a real threat with their drinking and boating.

So many people get away with drunk boating at Castaic it's not even funny. The so called "sherrifs" don't even have the slightest effen clue. Too busy worrying about all the wrong things. Don' tie to the bouyline?! Don't even touch it?!? What kind of BS is that?!? Show me ONE, just ONE time someone was in danger or a threat for TOUCHING the bouy line.

Ah man, California just keeps getting Yuppier and Yuppier....EFF THIS STATE!

trail blazer
08-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Congrats on finding the larger units out there L,B,,,,,,,,,All ours were schoolie size.

Would have enjoy,d fishing that last spot with you guys but we just didnt have enough ankr rope to hold us over there.

AGAIN,,,CONGRATS!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Ray Lopez
08-02-2010, 04:22 PM
it's because that line is used by the water district and is supplied by the water district and boats cause the line to break and then they have to fix and repair it. So this is a easy way for them to get money to pay for it i guess lol.

They are making it no fun to fish castaic recently with the new shift to the sheriffs department. Way more nazi on the lake can't do anything anymore feels like. I have steered clear of castaic lagoon because of the new rules and regulations.

bonestock
08-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Next week will be my first time at Castaic.
Where exactly is the bouy line and Elizabeth's Canyon?

http://castaiclake.com/images/maps/map_upperlake_waterways.gif

xjdesertfox
08-02-2010, 05:09 PM
buoy line is at the very tip of the top left. elizabeth canyon is the northern most black dot on the right side in that picture.

dixoncider
08-02-2010, 08:23 PM
You should be perpared to anchor in 125' of water.

elevated
08-03-2010, 11:07 AM
thanks for the info. guess I have to bring a longer anchor rope if i rent a boat there...lol

fishinone
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
thanks for the info. guess I have to bring a longer anchor rope if i rent a boat there...lol

Harbor Freight sells 600 ft. of 1/4" pull rope in the stores for under $20. I couldn't find it on the website. I got mine in Pasadena.

huukup12
08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I got one from Harbor Freight as stated by Fishinone with a 25% coupon on top of it...Cut it in half & you will have 2 300ft of rope. Walmart carries the 10lbs mushroom anchor for $20.....you're set with 2 anchors to fish buoy line.

fishinone
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
While I'm at harbor Freight, I pick up 20 ft of 5/16" or 3/8" Truckers chain and some turn buckles. Put the chain above the anchor and it will hold bottom much better.

Oh yea. I cut the chain in half and put half on each anchor.

Beeracuda211
08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Castaic Lake "lifegaurds", sherrifs, and other "law enforcers" can blow me....leave the god dam fisherman alone and get after the people who are a real threat with their drinking and boating.

So many people get away with drunk boating at Castaic it's not even funny. The so called "sherrifs" don't even have the slightest effen clue. Too busy worrying about all the wrong things. Don' tie to the bouyline?! Don't even touch it?!? What kind of BS is that?!? Show me ONE, just ONE time someone was in danger or a threat for TOUCHING the bouy line.

Ah man, California just keeps getting Yuppier and Yuppier....EFF THIS STATE!

I think you have a horrible attitude sir, just think if you were tied to that buoy line and the dam broke, how dumb would you feel then? There is a reason for everything in this case, your safety first... Think before you speak... Oh and by the way if your tired of California, go to Arizona, or better yet, Mexico... lol

B/C

blackberg
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I think you have a horrible attitude sir, just think if you were tied to that buoy line and the dam broke, how dumb would you feel then? There is a reason for everything in this case, your safety first... Think before you speak... Oh and by the way if your tired of California, go to Arizona, or better yet, Mexico... lol

B/C

the dam break? really?

-bb

xjdesertfox
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM

B/C

you must not go to castaic much if youre defending the lifeguards.

smokehound
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM

B/CLol nice job. been playing swords with those cops, I see.. :LOL:

And what the heck is wrong with arizona? There are tons of spots all over that state with incredible fishing.

SDDave
08-04-2010, 12:09 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/sddave50/04476c50.gif

fishinone
08-04-2010, 08:20 AM

B/C

I'm not sure being anchored would be any better if the dam broke. :LOL:

I'm sure the Mexican Police would be much more understanding. :EyePop:

Ray Lopez
08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
like i said it's more so about having tons of boats tying up to the line and breaking it with the weight of all the boats!!!

Also if you have a problem with the lake lice then call the main line at castaic and make a complaint. Every time i have done this the lifegaurds are quick to bust these guys too.

Also if you guys have been on this lake a few times you would know that they have warned us anglers many times about tying to the line is not acceptable. I have been told many times to not tie to it. So easy fix get some long anchor rope and do it the right way!

dixoncider
08-04-2010, 09:19 AM
"like i said it's more so about having tons of boats tying up to the line and breaking it with the weight of all the boats!!!"
Not to get technical here but..the "weight" of the boats has nothing to do with it,,It would be the total "windage" of all the boats put together that is the problem. So if there is little or no wind then it would not be an issue. However if it was blowing 20 then there would be quite a bit of pressure put on the buoys..And i dont care if I anchor of tie-up...works both ways for me...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windage

Ray Lopez
08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
"like i said it's more so about having tons of boats tying up to the line and breaking it with the weight of all the boats!!!"
Not to get technical here but..the "weight" of the boats has nothing to do with it,,It would be the total "windage" of all the boats put together that is the problem. So if there is little or no wind then it would not be an issue. However if it was blowing 20 then there would be quite a bit of pressure put on the buoys..And i dont care if I anchor of tie-up...works both ways for me...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windage

this is known that the total weight when the wind kicks in is what breaks the line and causes damages.

But instead of setting a wind limit for the line it is much easier for them to just give out tickets any time.

CAPT'N
08-04-2010, 10:31 PM
The reason that you can not tie to the BL is simple. It/ they are considered a navigational buoy. You can not tie to a navigational buoy anywhere, lake, stream, river, or ocean. End of story.
Yes it sucks, and I think it is BS, but that's is the law. Not just CA, but all across our great country, and along our coasts.

Capt'n

bonestock
08-06-2010, 04:59 PM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/sddave50/04476c50.gif

Any chance of this in a higher resolution. I can PM you my email if needed.

dixoncider
08-06-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.castaiclake.com/lakemaps.html

Bassnman Mike
08-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I have steered clear of castaic lagoon because of the new rules and regulations.

Ray, Its been awhile since I've been down to the lagoon, what new rules and regulations are you talking about?

BassnMan Mike

klymons
08-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Do you know why they are busy emptying out all the jails? Kicking loose all the serial killers, gangbangers and pedophiles? Simple, they have to have more room for the more serious criminals--those hardened thugs who would dare even accidentally touch the buoy line at Castaic! I mean this is a Major Felony! So if you see a patrol boat pass by emblazoned with swastikas, just give it a Nazi salute and a hearty "Sig Heil!"

Lowe Boat
08-06-2010, 09:11 PM
There is no bouy line at Elizabeth Canyon.
Elizabeth Canton is at the end of the fish arn. The fish arm is on the right (east) of the main ramp.

udamonkeybutt
08-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Government in need of money: Give tickets to the innocents and the guilty
Governement that have too much money: Give tickets to the innocents and the guilty
Most of the time they give tickets to the innocent

Fire Ball
08-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Do you know why they are busy emptying out all the jails? Kicking loose all the serial killers, gangbangers and pedophiles? Simple, they have to have more room for the more serious criminals--those hardened thugs who would dare even accidentally touch the buoy line at Castaic! I mean this is a Major Felony! So if you see a patrol boat pass by emblazoned with swastikas, just give it a Nazi salute and a hearty "Sig Heil!"

:ROFL: WOW!

I have steered clear of castaic lagoon because of the new rules and regulations.
What?? what new rules and regulations are you talking about Ray? I wondered why I haven't seen you or any posts from you..

DEADROOTS
08-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Yea, what new regs?

Shore Stalker
08-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Castaic lakes has two problems right now. The shore fisherman littering EVERYWHERE and the all the a-holes
water skiing or power boating. I'v been fishing castaic for years have seen things get worse ever year. The place is a garbage dump. As far as I can tell I'm the only person who go's by the old saying " Take only pictures. Leave only foot prints". I hike way off the beaten path and used to have a great spot almost to myself. Well I got spotted one to many times and now my spot is littered with garbage. I used to take the random cans or chipbags Id find out with me but now the problem has become overwhelming. I dont understand why people can pack this stuff in but cant pack it out. Its much lighter when it is empty. People have 0% respect for the lake and the other people who us it.

The recreational boaters ar worse. In my opinon at least half of them are drunk. How did I come up with this number? Simple observation "that and Im no stranger to drinkers"! These guys come in on my spot and beach themselves right next to me. Now I know its thier right but its only 10:45am and thier not geting out of the boat. Its nap time! But you'd be tired to if you had started drinking at 8am. I'v seen 5 beached boats side by side with not a single person on the beach. Don't they know they can passout drunk in thier boat without ever leaving the driveway.

Then there are the people who get on the lake...imedeatly seek out a beach...and then park there boat to spend all day swiming and laying in the sun.WTF! First of all swiming in the upper lake is not allowed. Your allowed to fall in the water. Not swim in it. Second we live in California. Most of us are just as close to the ocean as we are to a lake. So some one please tell me why any sane man on gods green earth would choose to go out of there way to beach themselves at a garbage dump like Castaic when the the Pasific ocean and the whole California coast is a stones throw away. WTF! Maybe they have never been to the beach and don't know it's there. Maybe they are afraid of sharks. Maybe I dont care because I f'ing hate these people. They must be stupid. Thats the only logical conclusion. Its also aparent that no boat has a trash can on board so you have to throw everything in the water.

In coclusion all I have to say is this. WE ARE ALL DOOMED AND NOBODY IS GOING TO DO A DAMED THING TO STOP IT. Hope you injoyed the good old days cuz they are gone for good. See you all in Hell aka California 10 years from now.

P.S. F the Seadew boats.

P.P.S. What new goon regulations. I'd like to know before I get myself in trouble.

msos
08-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Castaic lakes has two problems right now. The shore fisherman littering EVERYWHERE and the all the a-holes
water skiing or power boating. I'v been fishing castaic for years have seen things get worse ever year. The place is a garbage dump. As far as I can tell I'm the only person who go's by the old saying " Take only pictures. Leave only foot prints". I hike way off the beaten path and used to have a great spot almost to myself. Well I got spotted one to many times and now my spot is littered with garbage. I used to take the random cans or chipbags Id find out with me but now the problem has become overwhelming. I dont understand why people can pack this stuff in but cant pack it out. Its much lighter when it is empty. People have 0% respect for the lake and the other people who us it.

The recreational boaters ar worse. In my opinon at least half of them are drunk. How did I come up with this number? Simple observation "that and Im no stranger to drinkers"! These guys come in on my spot and beach themselves right next to me. Now I know its thier right but its only 10:45am and thier not geting out of the boat. Its nap time! But you'd be tired to if you had started drinking at 8am. I'v seen 5 beached boats side by side with not a single person on the beach. Don't they know they can passout drunk in thier boat without ever leaving the driveway.

Then there are the people who get on the lake...imedeatly seek out a beach...and then park there boat to spend all day swiming and laying in the sun.WTF! First of all swiming in the upper lake is not allowed. Your allowed to fall in the water. Not swim in it. Second we live in California. Most of us are just as close to the ocean as we are to a lake. So some one please tell me why any sane man on gods green earth would choose to go out of there way to beach themselves at a garbage dump like Castaic when the the Pasific ocean and the whole California coast is a stones throw away. WTF! Maybe they have never been to the beach and don't know it's there. Maybe they are afraid of sharks. Maybe I dont care because I f'ing hate these people. They must be stupid. Thats the only logical conclusion. Its also aparent that no boat has a trash can on board so you have to throw everything in the water.

In coclusion all I have to say is this. WE ARE ALL DOOMED AND NOBODY IS GOING TO DO A DAMED THING TO STOP IT. Hope you injoyed the good old days cuz they are gone for good. See you all in Hell aka California 10 years from now.

P.S. F the Seadew boats.

P.P.S. What new goon regulations. I'd like to know before I get myself in trouble.

You are 100% right. I hate those drunkers in the lake. They pay no respect to anyone.

yolo
08-09-2010, 06:19 PM
LOL. Like there's no drunk fisherman on the lakes. There's idiots in all walks of life. There is definitely no shortage of idiots everywhere.

seal
08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
LOL. Like there's no drunk fisherman on the lakes. There's idiots in all walks of life. There is definitely no shortage of idiots everywhere.

Yup Yolo everywhere, come visit the Wood on a weekend!

I think the deal on go to the beach instead is quite funny Shore Stalker, have ya been to the beach on the weekend? They are there also. Welcome to the new California, I sure miss the old California.