PDA

View Full Version : Still no license.

smokehound
07-31-2010, 04:41 PM
DUDE wth.

Im seriously getting pissed off here.

"A few days" Ended up being more than a damn week.

And STILL no license. Dont ever lose your damn online license, EVER. the online duplicate might never freaking arrive.

I need to freaking fish, damnit. Im ready to just say "screw it" and fish illegally. SCREW YOU CALIFORNIA.

ARRRRRGH!

DockRat
07-31-2010, 05:38 PM
:Angry: ARRRRRGH! :Angry:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn43/preciouspatriciab/cheesemousewithwhinesticker.jpg

So whats the deal ? Splain it to us.:LOL:
Did ya think you were saving time going online ?
Easy way, (you thought) ?
Lazy ?
No wheels to get one ?
No tackle shop, Big 5, Walmart out in the sticks ?

Splain it to us. Por Favor :LOL:

What do you have against Pier or Jetty fishing to get your fix ?

No license required on a public pier or jetty. :Big Grin:
DR

PS, Thanks for the warning to never buy it online.

smokehound
07-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Buying online was good. You get a printed temporary document that allows you to fish immediately.

Buying the DUPLICATE is what's bad. Man it took them nearly week to reply to me.

I cant simply go to big 5 for the online duplicate. You can ONLY get the duplicate by calling or email.

Im not saying never buy it Online, im just saying make sure you dont lose the damn thing.

DockRat
08-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Did Smokehound get it yet ?
DR

smokehound
08-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Nope. he didnt. =(

Not a single time did a human pick the phone up and answer me.

Danny300
08-05-2010, 08:59 AM
sorry...i'm still on the other line

Techtito
08-05-2010, 09:08 AM
I ordered my license online. It came quick. Don't know about buying a duplicate. I still have my temporary license that they let me print online, maybe that might work for you till then, if you have it. I’ve had my license all year, day charters and lakes, and haven’t been asked once for it. Has anyone been caught without a fishing license and what's the fine?

smokehound
08-05-2010, 09:23 AM
The fine itself is around 430 dollars.

that's if you're lucky and get cited by a cop.

Getting nailed by a DFG officer is far worse.

If you have fish on you, you will also be charged with poaching. You will face an additional charge for each fish in your possession, and your gear will likely be confiscated.

(or so I've heard)

So here's the update: I FINALLY got on the line with a human. It turns out, there was a snafu, and it got lost in the mail.

Im hoping it didnt slip through the cracks and end up in mail limbo. that would just render the tracking number useless....

smokehound
08-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Got it! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Swank909
08-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Congratulations, you are once again part of the fishing comminity. Now let's do some fishing!