PDA

View Full Version : 7/30/10 Report

dixoncider
07-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Fished the buoy line today, well sort of. The buoys came apart at some point so they do not go across the lake like normal right now. Got 2 nicer models in the early am, then pretty slow until noon. Anchored up in 96 feet in an area that would have been around where the buoy line should be. Just inside of the big orange "can buoy" that anchors the smaller "boom" type buoys..Had a good pick that went pretty wide open for awhile. Had a few double and triple hookups. Got limits for 2. All nicer fish today that pulled hard. Cut Sardine and Mackerel. Wind came up around 1:30 so make sure you have a good anchor setup...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/dixoncider/livewellphoto5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/dixoncider/driveway1.jpg

xjdesertfox
07-30-2010, 08:24 PM
i think we saw you there, we were there in the AM in the blue nitro bass boat that was tied to the end of the right side of the buoy line.

Fishing the line is really hard for us, think you could PM me some tips?

SDDave
07-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Nice job there on the jailbirds, I don't know why they just don't remove that thing, the things been in disrepair for long time.

dixoncider
07-30-2010, 10:11 PM
I really don't get the "buoy's" I guess it's to keep boats off the dam? The life-guards came by and told people not to go north of the 2 white buoy's that are inside of where the buoy line was. xjdesertfox, was that you guys on the east side in real shallow water? big 2-stroke engine on the boat? As far as tips for fishing the line..Cut sardine, 6 pound line. little or no weight..that's it..We moved around today a little but last time I was there it was a 1 stopper.

Fishthewhaler
07-30-2010, 11:57 PM
I haven't fished Castaic in over a month, due to pre wedding party duties, I need to go there this week tues and wreck shop on these punk stripers...hehehe! The Ann*chovie is gettin pissed at me. I might recon troll on tues and see whats going on up there, maybe they will boil for me or I can get a scoop a shad and be done with it. Over.
FTW

xjdesertfox
07-31-2010, 09:13 AM
yea that was us dixon, its my buddy's boat with a merc 150 on the back of it, its a 4 stroke though.

i guess we'll hit the deeper, center part of the buoy line next time.

chansen49
07-31-2010, 04:12 PM
HAve you ever seen the water pumping in? The huge mushroom of water that surely some dumabass lake idiot would drive their boat over and sink..

IMO...

dixoncider
07-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes the water was pumping in and the buoys were open..I was temped to go check it out myself..I would guess if that keeps up it will be good fishing over there..

marzocchi
07-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Very nice!

Fishbones
08-01-2010, 11:11 AM
congrats and thanks for sharing and report,.