PDA

View Full Version : Team Dave hits Aquaduct - 23lb striperand few nice kitties

FishingwithDave
07-30-2010, 03:32 PM
My buddy Dave and I hit the Aqueduct this morning fishing from about 5:00am - 1:00pm. I caught my PB fish today - a 23lb Striper (39 inches) on a 1/2oz Strike King Red Eye Shad. Dave picked up a nice 5lb cat and we also caught a few smaller cats all on chicken liver. Gates were about half open when we got there and then down to about a quarter open around 9am. At 1pm, they shut the gates. Water flow was great, water was clear and not much moss at all. Bite was slow steady most of the day.

BTW, I read GLETEMFEELSTEELGARY's how-to post on fishing lures in the aqueduct yesterday and applied his methodology and caught me a big ol' striper today! Thanks Gary for sharing the knowledge. I've had a couple of hook-ups before today, but this is the first time I landed a striper on a lure at the duct.

yolo
07-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Nice fish! Congrats!

coty
07-30-2010, 04:34 PM
congrats on the catch nice fish

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-30-2010, 05:53 PM
hAWG....CONGRATULATIONS !....thats a PEEG !

sweet : )

glad the info helped...if you fish it......they will come !

your hooked forever now....

Nice job : )

Gary

M@M
07-30-2010, 06:40 PM
:EyePop:That's a beautiful fish!! Long, lean and mean!

cutbait
07-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Man, nice haul dude!!!

From the pics and your report of 0 flow, I was curious what area the fish was from? Looks A/V to me. Not asking for specifics. :-}

Again, nice personal best!

BTW, Looks like you need to author up a "how to" post now, seeing how you have surpased Feelthesteel. He catches measley 6 lbrs.

Not like Trailblazer and I. Now you!!!!

yolo
07-31-2010, 06:12 AM
At first sight because of the narrow duct, I was thinking AV but the mention of the gates closed is definitely not the AV because it has been flowing 3/4 to wide open for months here. Also the location of the poster says Bako so I figured somewhere in Kern county. I'm curious too where it was.

FishingwithDave
07-31-2010, 06:30 AM
We were fishing on the Bakersfield side of the hill in the Mettler area. Sorry for the omission.

Gary's the man - I was in the right place at the right time with the right lure using the poet's words of wisdom to fool Mr. Stripey on to the end of my pole!

Fishbones
07-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Congrats on the very hard to catch duct striper, shes a toad....and yes, gary is the man with skillz

trail blazer
08-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Great job DAVE,,,,,s.

DD STRIPERS RULE!!!!!!

long time no see FWD,,,,,,,,,,Great to hear from you again here on FNN,,,,,GREAT POST.

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Man, nice haul dude!!!

From the pics and your report of 0 flow, I was curious what area the fish was from? Looks A/V to me. Not asking for specifics. :-}

Again, nice personal best!

BTW, Looks like you need to author up a "how to" post now, seeing how you have surpased Feelthesteel. He catches measley 6 lbrs.

Not like Trailblazer and I. Now you!!!!

Yeeee-haw......

Ohhhh Mike....oh....Mike...

Me thinks you need spankin'.....AGAIN

Ha ha ha ha ha...

Hmn....which species shall it be ?

Striper.....

LMB.....

Ohhhhh Yeah.......................... CARP !

Golden SURPRISE Baby !

I take what Mamo duct gives me.....

Sometimes it's a 6 lbder...

Sometimes it's a toad.... : )

Important thing:

I'm catching fish....

Me thinks I'll catch me some Mo' : )

Come on Carpbait.....YOU GOTTA DO BETTER THAN THAT TO OFFEND : )

yEE-HAW.......

bELL RINGS......

Let' the smack talk begin.....

Hey Mike....I hear theres a new version out........

YOU KNOW......

Rapala 2010.....

Euro carp tournament series !

Again congrats on the feesh Dave.....

Sweet slayage !

Gary

P.S.
Trailblazer: Scott.....ohhh scott.....
You us next........lay 'em down and SMACK 'em yak 'em !

Yeeeee-Haw !