PDA

View Full Version : Chase Park MDR

DrGrnthmb
07-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Any one have any suggestions? Taking my girl for a few hours, want her to get at least a nice bat ray so she can post on fourms(Trishillicious). I know Gary got sum hints for here...going tonight about 11pm....any suggestions and rigging info would be appreciated! Thanks ...Drgrn

DockRat
07-31-2010, 06:12 AM
Did you score ?
DR

Ray Lopez
07-31-2010, 01:09 PM
sorry got to this late.

But for future trips.

I fish MDR and have fished chase plenty of times. (Typically in the middle of the night)

Fish with some heavy line 20# or more on a huge reel with loads of line (If you catch a big ray you will get spooled on lighter line)

Fish it either with a 2oz to 4oz egg sinker on a Carolina rig and fish with whole or half squid, chunks or whole sardines, or mac chunks. You can also fish it on a dropper loop or reverse dropper loop. But I have most luck with a 2oz carolina rig on a 5/0 wide gap circle hook (hooks um right in the corner of the mouth and if you hit into a shark they wont bite the line off!)

Also if you bring some bread and a sabiki rig you can hook into small bait size smelt for live bait, rig that with a 1/2oz egg sinker and a small bead straight to a live bait hook (1/0 or 2/0 hook on a o-ring)

That should get you going for the bat rays!!!!

I've also landed some striper there too.