PDA

View Full Version : Puddingstone July 25 2010 Late report due to account activation. 1st post!

archie10
07-30-2010, 10:40 AM
So ive been fishing with tonylisa for a few week straight now.. and today we decided to go to puddingstone 6:00 in the morning and went to get a bench for us to chill.. and setup our fishing rods.. so after setting our rods up.. at 7:00 we hit up the water and we started working the " eastshore " 2nd cast on my 4lb test spinning reel with a trigger rod.. LOL!:happy: i got bit and set the hook.. fish starting to pull crazy drag on my line.. fought it for about 3 minutes until he brought me on the brush and got me stuck there.. good thing tony was there fishing with me and he started helping me to get the fish out of the brush he got him self wet to get the fish out of there.." THANKS TONY " so right when he pulled the fish out from the crazy brush i was so happy and he quickly hand me the fish and surprisingly weighing 4pounds?? we don't really have a digiscale so we guessed the fish weight.. you guys decide for me.. and after that i ran like a little kid going back where my wife posting.. with joy/happiness on my face since this is the personal best bass ive ever caught in my entire life.. and started taking pictures with captain tony.. :Thumbs Up:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/archiepogi/IMG_0002.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/archiepogi/IMG_0001.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/archiepogi/IMG_0004.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/archiepogi/IMG_0003.jpg

okay after that catch.. a few more hours later i tied a fly " SCUD " at the end of my line.. dropshot rig and started working along the shores again.. after a good 3 minutes i felt a tug on my line set the hook and bam.. there he goes running and pulling my drag.. so after a good 1 minute fight got him out of the water.. lipped him.. and started taking pictures :LOL:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/archiepogi/IMG_0005.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/archiepogi/IMG_0007.jpg

Thisfool
07-30-2010, 10:48 AM
wow man awsome fish and way to be at the pud.

ive gone about 6 times trying to teach my self how to bass fish and have had zero luck the closest ive come to landing one is i had a short bite on a senko and got to feel a fish fight for about 3 seconds

Sh1mano
07-30-2010, 11:32 AM
That first one looks more than 4 lbs to me. Good job man! I've hit up the pudd probably 10 times this year and caught nada.

HEMAN
07-30-2010, 02:39 PM
nice solid fish bro... but my question.. why do u have a spinning reel on a casting (trigger) rod? the guides are so small. you are probably losing casting distance... i guess whatever works.. i was just wondering.

Mrborohachi
07-30-2010, 03:09 PM
what did you use to catch your first fish?

CALFISHER4EVR
07-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Congrats on that 5 to 6lbs. That lake has some quality bass for such a small lake. Now you are a bass fisherman forever.

BASSMAN418
07-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Nice catch!!!!!!! I caught a 5 pounder out there 2 weeks ago I love fishing that lake it's tough but if you can catch there you can catch anywhere!

bassinnut
07-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Looks like u guys had a great day and congrats on the pig

fishntime
07-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Congrats on the Pig, especially it being your new PB. Im no expert but I would say that bass is 5lbs + , shes a fatty for sure.

smokinflies
07-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Once again awesome catch Acrhie and welcome to the boards.

archie10
07-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Thank you all for the heart warming welcome and for good comments/compliments...

and for Heman.. im using a spinning reel and a trigger rod because i have nothing else to use.. and i kinda liked the setup and guess what i can cast pretty far since my spinning reel is micro.. i know its an awkward setup but that's the one catch my biggest bass :LOL::LOL:

Mrborohachi - i caught it off plastic worm..

HEMAN
07-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Thank you all for the heart warming welcome and for good comments/compliments...

and for Heman.. im using a spinning reel and a trigger rod because i have nothing else to use.. and i kinda liked the setup and guess what i can cast pretty far since my spinning reel is micro.. i know its an awkward setup but that's the one catch my biggest bass :LOL::LOL:

Mrborohachi - i caught it off plastic worm..

Cool.. use what u got.. i like it!
maybe i'll see you around puddingstone.. that's my home lake usually.

FishinElectrician
08-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Man, thats a nice pig rit there, man!!! Ive gone to the Pudd twice and not even a nibble! I guess I gotta put in my time!!!

Went this past Sat and didnt even get a nibble. I fished a Strike King Red Eye Shad in Sexy Shad color, Yo Zuri Sashimi Jerkbait in Chameleon Gold/Copper, and an Owner Shaky Worm in Smokey Hologram color for a :Skunk: Like I said, Im gonna put in some time on this lake...

Ran into BassMan418 again, and a couple of other locals who were glad to give this Pudd noob a few pointers.

Here are a couple of flicks of some of the spots I fished...

TonyLisa
08-01-2010, 09:36 PM
hi archie lol welcome to the board

chuxder
08-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Yeah Mon!!

archie10
08-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Man, thats a nice pig rit there, man!!! Ive gone to the Pudd twice and not even a nibble! I guess I gotta put in my time!!!

Went this past Sat and didnt even get a nibble. I fished a Strike King Red Eye Shad in Sexy Shad color, Yo Zuri Sashimi Jerkbait in Chameleon Gold/Copper, and an Owner Shaky Worm in Smokey Hologram color for a :Skunk: Like I said, Im gonna put in some time on this lake...

Ran into BassMan418 again, and a couple of other locals who were glad to give this Pudd noob a few pointers.

Here are a couple of flicks of some of the spots I fished...

Hey L.A.LipRipr.. puddingstone is a very tough lake.. you have to put time on it to catch the decent ones.. and nice spots.. i don't even know where those at... LOL!

Owner626
08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
What were you using ?

archie10
08-03-2010, 08:44 AM
What were you using ?

7" senko on a watermelon color..

CPT. Kirk
08-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Great job on your personal best. I have caught several good fish out of the Pudd over the years.

Fishbones
08-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Congrats and welcome to the board, looking forward to more great pics and reports.

Trial and Error
08-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Those fish look familiar. Nice going archie.

archie10
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Congrats and welcome to the board, looking forward to more great pics and reports.

Thanks for activating my account i really appreciate it after 2 months :LOL::LOL:
:Dancing Banana: