PDA

View Full Version : Rules $ Regs for float tubes in LAGOON?

fishsniffin
07-29-2010, 09:00 PM
I haven't been to the lagoon and was planning on tubing there soon, anywayz I was on the LAKE CASTAIC website and it states that you'll have to have a 12x12 orange square on the back of the FLOAT TUBE, have you guys got cited for this yet? I have a caddis float tube, but i'm missing the seperate air chamber that supports the orange square on the back. Square is there but doesn't show well because of the missing air chamber.
So it's a $5 fee for vehicle and another $7 for float tube launch fee correct? Is there a kiosk stand before you enter the LAGOON? Last but not least where is the best place to launch the tube?

BIGBASS MB
07-29-2010, 09:45 PM
There is a kiosk stand wher you have to pay to get in the park, drive down to the paradise cove and you can launch there or you can launch from the boat ramps...
Mb

GotBass?
07-30-2010, 03:08 PM
There are a couple kiosks, cash only and dont forget you have to pay just to enter as well. I have been harassed about a "floatation device" even though Im sitting in one, and also about the orange square. I have a caddis as well with the top air bladder and they still gave me a hard time. Other times I havent been harrassed at all. Just depends on who the lifeguards are.

fishsniffin
07-30-2010, 04:31 PM
There are a couple kiosks, cash only and dont forget you have to pay just to enter as well. I have been harassed about a "floatation device" even though Im sitting in one, and also about the orange square. I have a caddis as well with the top air bladder and they still gave me a hard time. Other times I havent been harrassed at all. Just depends on who the lifeguards are.

Thanks GotBass/BIGBASS MB, so the fee is $12 for car entry and float tube correct? Geez, man I hope I don't get harassed, don't wanna be gettin' a ticket for something silly. I have a pfd life vest, but I plan on just tying it to my tube and not wear it, can I get away with that? Not too many reports lately about tubing the goon, is it getting slow there? Maybe cause of the heat?

Fire Ball
07-30-2010, 07:30 PM
You will have to pay $7 to launch the tube and then $11 to park. $5 parking is only on weekdays for seniors/disabled persons. I wouldn't worry about the orange square. The best place to launch right now would probably be Paradise Cove.

fishsniffin
07-30-2010, 11:35 PM
You will have to pay $7 to launch the tube and then $11 to park. $5 parking is only on weekdays for seniors/disabled persons. I wouldn't worry about the orange square. The best place to launch right now would probably be Paradise Cove.

Thanks FireBall. Okay, so it's $18. Paradise cove is the parking lot on the southwest side of the lake right? Is the inlet in the northern part of the lagoon no good? Have you not been out there lately FIREBALL, haven't heard any reports from you lately.

HBAR
08-01-2010, 08:31 PM
The northwest part of the goon has heavy growth of grass, some of it is even out of the water. As for the PFD, I have one of those "fanny pack" ones inside one of the pockets have never been asked for it, I've seen other tubers out there dragging their PFD's behind them so I assume that tieing it on and dragging it is cool. I don't have that 12X12 orange on the back of my seat as I have the pontoon boat you see in the picture. I did try to paint an orange square, it's there but nothings ever been said. I wouldn't stress too much about it. I've emailed them asking these same questions and they never got back to me so?

fishsniffin
08-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Really? so the northern part wouldn't be a good part to tube right now? Are most of the tubers now mostly in the southern part of the lagoon?

Fire Ball
08-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks FireBall. Okay, so it's $18. Paradise cove is the parking lot on the southwest side of the lake right? Is the inlet in the northern part of the lagoon no good? Have you not been out there lately FIREBALL, haven't heard any reports from you lately.

I'm always out there. :Wink: I just haven't posted anything recently. I hardly go on FNN anymore, haha. I'd stay stick to the South end or try and fish stuff above the weeds in the North end. It is unfishable in some parts because of all the weeds.

Shore Stalker
08-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Thank god for the orange square. If I had a dime for every poor float tuber I have shot in the back by mistaking them for a very large duck why i'd be able to by me a 12 pack of Papas Blue ribbon beer. I think a orange hat should be worn as well cuz them wind surfers are always running over tubers by mistake. They should also be reqired to have a flare gun in case they get in trouble so the coast gaurd can rescue them.

Remember tubing is the most dangerous outdoorsman activity one can partisipat in. Its not a mater of if it will happen to you but when!