PDA

View Full Version : The Alpers Posse International Delivers - as usual

daveinhb
07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Once again, the World Famous Alpers Posse International successfully hunted down some big fish this month while in the Eastern Sierras.

Sierra_Smitty
07-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Beaufiful fish. Poor report.

Bobber Boy
08-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Nice fish! A little more report would've been nice.

fishin fool
08-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Nice fish! It looks like Little Virginia...

sierraslam
08-04-2010, 09:45 AM
i'll say silver lake.

fishinone
08-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Is their a bounty on them varmints?:LOL:

OCGeezer
08-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Once again, the World Famous Alpers Posse International successfully followed the Alper Truck around to all the lakes and caught some big fish this month while in the Eastern Sierras.

FIXT IT!
wink wink!

SierraPeaks
08-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Where did you fish ? What did you use ? What did you catch ? etc etc

daveinhb
08-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Sounds like OCGeezer is a bit jealous we can find Alpers with regularity and you cant? What good would the Alpers Posse be without catching Alpers?

troutdog
08-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Nice fish. You should put this in the "photo" section if you are only going to post a picture though...."world famous" or not :Rolls Eyes:

TD

daveinhb
08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Nice fish. You should put this in the "photo" section if you are only going to post a picture though...."world famous" or not :Rolls Eyes:

TD

I did post the report on another thread and cant change the date..........

Crawler
08-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Thats one nice stocker. Congratulations on your posse's take and thanks for the great report. I hope to try that area / technique myself sometime on a future trip.

brewin_bruin
08-24-2010, 01:46 PM
As you can see, Dave isnt one for providing details... since this was the Posse's first trip to The June Loop (we usually frequent the lakes in the Bishop Creek area), it took us a few days of scouting to figure out the "where & how's"... Gull Lake was very productive for small stockers if you fished at sunrise from the shore, but you really need a boat to get access to the prime spots... we slayed them at Silver, the average Alpers was around 1.5 lbs, but we bagged a few fatties up to 4lbs, not to mention dozens of DFG stockers... inflating half a nightcrawler using the a 2-3ft leader and a 1/8oz sliding sinker kept you busy all day... not much luck at June, and I did manage to work on my skin cancer at Grant since there arent any trees up there...

We made a day run up to Saddlebag, awesome scenery, but the bugs were INSANE... Dave and a couple of the boys took the ferry across the lake to hike in to get their Sierra Slams (4 diff species), but me and a few of the older crowd stayed local, in the cove just East of the marina... I bagged 3 nice trout in 20 mins (again, the inflated crawler) 1 brook, 1 brown & 1 rainbow... the bite slowed down when the sun came up, so we headed over to the dam... first cast, I bagged a weird looking trout... solid silver, no spots, and a slender bullet like body... looked Kokanee, but definitely a trout... no picture, because I had a cigar & beer going at the time, but I showed my buddy Sean and he'd couldnt figure it out either.

All in all, our 8 day adventure to June Loop was quite successful... the campsites at Reversed Creek were kinda small so we have to work on that, but we did manage to find a cool store at Oh Ridge that was WAY cheaper than shopping in town (bug juice & ice) and they have EXCELLENT showers there... we're all looking forward to making a return trip up there in a few weeks... we'll get that area dialed in eventually, just like Bishop & Mammoth, but it'll take a few trips though...

Cold beer, good cigars & fishin' buddies always make for a good time...

Big Mikey
Designated Hitter & Gourmet Chef
Alpers Posse International