PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia lake?

bassman909
07-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I live like 10 minutes from their was wondering how the wiper bite is , im not much of a bait and wait fisherman but it might be nice to just bait and chill does anyone have any pointers?? Never been their before.

Nessie Hunter
07-29-2010, 07:14 PM
You can walk around for Free, only pay to fish.....

MY opinion is that it has gone to the dogs, 6" of duck crap all around and terrible fishing/catching...
Water looks like Ovaltine .. LOL

I also live about 5 or 10 min away, and do not go there any more at all to fish..
Have walked it a few times though, just to see whats up.
It gets worse every time I look...

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
07-30-2010, 09:19 AM
I've been there a few times, strictly a catfish and bass guy. I've caught one (1) catfish every time I'm there. "Nothing big. From the info from the lake, they stock like crazy. Never seen a stringer of fish from anyone.

If the plants are true, would love an opportunity to land a big fish.

Nessie Hunter is right, the lake stinks, literally.

Would I go again?, probably.

bassman909
07-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Ok thanks guys not a place im gonna spend 15$

mil sonrisas
08-01-2010, 12:47 AM
this is the closest place for me to go fish and i always manage to get atleast one catfish. usually soak some mac white i toss a kastmaster. have caught a few wipers, pretty small though. the hook-ups usually happen about half an hour before they close at 10pm.
yes, the water is dirty, and the ducks are everywhere, but like i said, do manage atleast one cat when i go. good luck!

usmcfisherman
08-02-2010, 06:35 PM
do not fish there. id rather spend $17 to go to jess ranch and $12 to go to mojave narrows

seal
08-02-2010, 08:26 PM
do not fish there. id rather spend $17 to go to jess ranch and $12 to go to mojave narrows

Or $10.00 to go to Silverwood. Man if they would just clean that water up and return it to the minijig and fly fishing lake it was during the trout season I'd have no problem with the $15.00 bucks. I'd bet the warm water bite would improve also with clean water. I don't think it's going to happen though, it takes the city to dump some money and they haven't stepped up and done anything.

a321eric
08-02-2010, 10:33 PM
ya i agree with all of them. ha i would rather go to the narrows or just go to silverwood. i hate going to hesperia lake even if some1 pays for me to go! ha but it is the closest place in the desert to get wipers