PDA

View Full Version : My pops newest addiction?

TFC_arvilJDM
07-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Well, we were just watching tv lastnight, and a Bass Pro Shop commercial came on, and i shouted "Hey! thats my store!" :LOL: And hes a big fan of catching bone heads (Bonita) and he asked if they sell feathers there.

I told him "of course they do, wanna go check it out right now?"

We work in Las Vegas together and obviously we went to the one over here.

Walked him straight to the White River Fly Shop so he can find the color feathers he uses to make his bonie hooks. Then he asked where the hooks are.

Then walked him over to the Fishing area, and all hell broke loose. He almost walked every isle, and looked at every item. I even lost him for awhile. My old man got excited i guess cause hes never been to BPS.

Store was about to close soon so we had to hit the register and leave. And i was kind enough to buy him some fresh 40lb Spectra for his favorite Shimano 4500BR with a Shimano Teramar MH Spinning Rod.

We'll be going back tomorrow before heading back to Norwalk. I need to pick up 2 more float tubes :Twisted:

DockRat
07-30-2010, 06:26 AM
That is a good addiction. Better than most addictions that come out of Vegas.
Tried for a hour at the Queen Mary public fishing area yesterday for Bonito.
2 - Krocs and a Kastmaster for nuttin. A couple other guys were tossing krocs for 1 small Mac (nice bait size).

It is time to hang up the chrome and try feathers like your Pops.

Old school style. Clear bubble 1/3 full of water, 4' leader.

Picked up some blue/white Yankee feathers at Turners the other day (2 in a pack).

Some guys run 2 feathers behind the bubble ? What is better 1 or 2 ?

DR

TFC_arvilJDM
07-30-2010, 06:33 AM
That is a good addiction. Better than most addictions that come out of Vegas.
Tried for a hour at the Queen Mary public fishing area yesterday for Bonito.
2 - Krocs and a Kastmaster for nuttin. A couple other guys were tossing krocs for 1 small Mac (nice bait size).

It is time to hang up the chrome and try feathers like your Pops.

Old school style. Clear bubble 1/3 full of water, 4' leader.

Picked up some blue/white Yankee feathers at Turners the other day (2 in a pack).

Some guys run 2 feathers behind the bubble ? What is better 1 or 2 ?

DR

We use 2 feathers. Or also a sabiki set-up with 5 hooks (not as fun as bubblin & tossin jigs)

Recent report within the past couple days, WFO Bonitas @ Belmont. An older cousin of mines caught about 30+ 3 days ago.