PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Dawia Regalplus 5000bri The baitrunner clicker wont click!!!

Ray Lopez
07-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Hey just wondering if anyone here might know or had the same problem with a dawia regal plus BRI 5000.

I just did at home maintenance on my reels and I was trying to figure out as to why the clicker wont work on my BRI.
It is confusing me to all hell. I do fine without the clicker but it would be nice to have it for when i'm night fishing bat rays and can't see my line.

The drag clicker works just fine, but i'm not sure as to where the clicker is for the baitrunner feature. There is also this weird little plastic thing inside the reel that i can't figure out what it's for. I've looked online for info but all i can find is the specs/parts chart.

If anyone knows please help a brother out here. I want my reel to be 100% again

TFC_arvilJDM
07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I bought the smaller version of this for my dad, same problem -_-

So he upgraded and bought the Shimano 4500 Bait Runner. Love that reel.

Ray Lopez
07-29-2010, 03:31 PM
I bought the smaller version of this for my dad, same problem -_-

So he upgraded and bought the Shimano 4500 Bait Runner. Love that reel.

I tried to take the side off to get to the main gears but failed lol oh well i'll deal with the no clicker because the reel still works perfectly other then that.

Nessie Hunter
07-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Ray, Im not familiar with that Reel at all. Never been in one..
Will this Schematic help??
http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/daiwa/Daiwa_Regal_4500%2C_5000BRi.pdf

Taking a wild guess here, it looks like the Bait Clicker is on the left side plate (switch) that turns a Nylon looking lever that brushes the top of the main gear (which has 2 raised areas on it) ???
Is that what is supposed to click???

Ray Lopez
07-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Ray, Im not familiar with that Reel at all. Never been in one..
Will this Schematic help??
http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/daiwa/Daiwa_Regal_4500%2C_5000BRi.pdf

Taking a wild guess here, it looks like the Bait Clicker is on the left side plate (switch) that turns a Nylon looking lever that brushes the top of the main gear (which has 2 raised areas on it) ???
Is that what is supposed to click???

I have this but main problem is trying to pull the sides off the main gear area. It wont budge feels like it is cliped onto the middle og the main gear area.

Nessie Hunter
07-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Bearing very/to tight in the side plate....
Should just pull off, except when the bearing & shaft hangs up...
Corroded or rusted in place....
Try a good soak in WD40 or ???

Tap it with screwdriver handle???

Ray Lopez
08-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Bearing very/to tight in the side plate....
Should just pull off, except when the bearing & shaft hangs up...
Corroded or rusted in place....
Try a good soak in WD40 or ???

Tap it with screwdriver handle???

I think under the drag adjuster for the baitrunner has two really small screws that need to come off first.

It looks like it is 3 pieces to get the side plate off!