PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Gail Force on 7-11-10

bowler
07-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Sorry for the late report i have been sick since the day after the trip. This trip was a charter trip that only had 20 ppl on it. When we got there at 5:30am the guy running the charter had a vote to see if we want to go for Sandbass and Cuda or if we want to got to the island but he was told it was hit or miss there. So the vote to hit the flats for bass and cuda. We got bait and head out toward the flats. As we got close we can see there were a lot of boats there that we can see. When we got there it was a parking lot with a lot of Cattle boats and a lot of private boats too. We even saw the Dana Pride there and the Fury from Dana Point. So at the time at time there were saying it was wide open bite for sandbass for them down there but it was because they were coming up here to get the fish so you should not believe what you here on the report till you go out on the boat to see where they are going. Well we found a spot but they did not want to really bite. So they moved off the flats and they marked some fish so they tossed out some bait and some boils started they said it was bass but it turned out to be Cudas it was a good bite but for us it was a lot of short Cudas being caught but more legals then short. I end up getting 3 cudas at that the spot when the shut down after more boats got there. So we moved again back to the flats to try for some more bass. I got a one legal bass there but that was it so then we moved to the HorseShoe Kelp to end the day we got a few bass and i got one rockcod there. There was a lot a Mack all over the spots we stop at i got a few. So we called it a day we had on the boat 33 Sand Bass 53 Barracuda for 20 ppl.

i all ready cleaned one Cuda in this Pic
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/20100711192843.jpg

JapanRon
07-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi bowler,

Better late than never. Thanks for the report and pic !! Boy did things shut down the last few days.

JapanRon

murrieta angler
07-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Hey Bowler!
At least you got to get out there and get some fish.
I just got back from Minnesota yesterday, after 10 days, so I will be back in the surf starting tomorrow.
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert

bowler
07-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey Bowler!
At least you got to get out there and get some fish.
I just got back from Minnesota yesterday, after 10 days, so I will be back in the surf starting tomorrow.
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert
yeah i know. i am hitting up the surf on saturday do you want to met me at my spot.

BrandonFish
07-30-2010, 03:33 AM
thanks for the report what are you doing with the maceral?

Fishbones
07-30-2010, 10:48 AM
congrats on your catch, thanks for sharing.

bowler
08-01-2010, 09:22 PM
thanks for the report what are you doing with the maceral?

My mother-in-law is going to eat them.